Some specific goals of the project include answering the following questions:
- Do all major Wheelock family lines with a European origin descend from a common Wheelock ancestor?
- Do all Native American Wheelock family lines descend from a common Wheelock ancestor?
- How many different Wheelock family groups can we identify, and what DNA signatures characterize the different lines?
- From which ancient clan father (the haplogroup patriarch from thousands of years ago) does each branch of Wheelock descend?
- In the United States, are the Wheelocks who descend from James Wheelock of Virginia related to the Wheelocks who descend from Ralph Wheelock of Massachusetts?
- By comparing DNA results for people with well-documented pedigrees, can we trace any particular DNA changes (mutations) to particular Wheelock ancestors and thus enable others to identify their ancestors even when they lack a definite paper trail allowing them to trace back that far?
- Y-DNA (Male Line) Results Charts
- Mitochondrial DNA (Female Line) Results Charts
- Project Overview
- Project Background
- Project Goals
- Project News
- Results Page
- changed in March 2018 to show information about updated Privacy and Sharing options
- For those who are not logged in as members, the button to join our Group appears at the top of the page on the right side of the banner on our project web site.