The goals of the Oxfordshire DNA Project are:
* To provide a repository for DNA haplotypes from the English county Oxfordshire.
* To discover which haplogroups can be found in Oxfordshire and to learn more about their distribution.
* To enable researchers to connect with their genetic cousins.
* To verify existing documentary research.
* To provide clues for further documentary research by identifying the possible location of earlier ancestors.
* To help break down brick walls caused by illegitimacy or adoption.
* To find clues regarding the origins of surnames and identify surnames with an association with the county.
* To learn more about our distant origins.
* To preserve DNA results for future research to protect against any male or female line becoming extinct.