This is a corroborative research project.
We require the active participation of each member to further this genealogical and genetic study of our surnames and their place in history.
We hope, through DNA research, in the Donnachaidh DNA Project, to establish relationships with other Clan members. We encourage members to participate by at least starting with the 37 marker Y-DNA test which may bring the results within the scope of conventional genealogy.
There is not one single Y-DNA test to take but a series of DNA tests to continually dig deeper into our histories.
We are trying to test the many different family lines that are within the Donachie, Duncan, Robertson, McConnachie, and Reid families.
THE GOALS OF THE DONNACHAIDH DNA PROJECT:
* determine which ancestral lines are related
* help participants to confirm family trees
* help participants to obtain clues to help in research, such as clues about migration, and use them to search for paper records.
* discover more about the adoption of surnames in clan history
* determine the number of points of origin of clan surnames.
We hope, in the future, to establish a conventional genealogical databank within the clan to which members may submit their family histories and ultimately confirm potential family relationships that may be uncovered through the DNA testing.