As a Geographic Project, The Scandinavian Y-DNA Project serves the Genetic Genealogy by:
- Exploring the history of the Scandinavian male settlement.
- Celebrate common heritage, and demonstrate regional differences.
- Compare males from the same region regardless of current surname.
In addition to the Family Tree DNA Administrator's Guidelines, the project shall:
- Inform all project members before allowing their results to be used outside of the project.
- Inform all project members of policy changes.