- Using yDNA tests, identify the different Phelps lines.
- Provide a scientific way to identify or confirm one's direct lineage. A yDNA paternal test is the ONLY way to confirm the biological Phelps line to which one belongs or to help point to the right direction.
- Provide a platform for members to interact to discover their immigrant Phelps family line origins and ancestors.
- Encourage members to interact and develop related forums and research sites. Secondarily this will serve as a basis for members to build up Phelps trees.
- Provide a FTDNA-held fund for donations to assist in the cost of FTDNA tests.
Goals of the Project Administrator
- Group yDNA related men on the FTDNA provided pages.
- Provide assistance to members as they learn from FTDNA’s Learning Center
- For the yDNA determined "southern early American" Phelps, maintain an optional yDNA-paternal lineage site, often with comment and member provided research.
- As applicable, direct members to geographical area Phelps FTDNA Projects which accept additional types of testing with their own forums and genealogy sites. (New England Phelps and NE NC Phelps)