1. To have participation from a representative of each regional and international Lay line through YDNA testing, mtDNA testing, and FamilyFinder.
2. Identify our British Isles and Continental European heritage.
3. Help Lay researchers who have not been able to identify their place in the earliest Lay lines.
4. Establish fact or fiction the many published Lay connections that have not been proven by traditional primary documentation.
5. Open up additional avenues of traditional paper research for Lay genealogists and historians.
YDNA Representatives are needed from the following regional and international Lay lines:
Australia, Canada, England, France, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, Switzerland
YDNA descendants of James Lay of Chester Co., SC
YDNA descendants of Hiddenite, NC Lays
YDNA descendants of Isaac Lay, Louisiana
FamilyFinder testers and Ancestry.com Transfer are welcome to join the project. Even though FamilyFinder results are not shown on the Project's public website joining your autosomal results to the project allow help from the Lay Project group administrators and other project members through our MyGroup forum.
Excerpt from FTDNA FAQsNote: While administrators can view Family Finder data for group members through GAP, this data does not appear on the public website due to privacy concerns.