The Kenyon Project aims to advance the understanding of Kenyon ancestry by combining
documented lineage with genetic advances through DNA testing.
- Identify specific American Kenyon lines (refer to background page)
- Identify specific English Kenyon lines
- Identify most recent common ancestor (MRCA) between English and American lines
- Assist members in making matches to their lines
- Identify potential prospects for future testing
- Increase membership numbers to 100 (currently 70+)
- Descendants John Kenyon of Rhode Island (ID=1) and James Kenyon of Rhode Island (ID=2).
- Illinois, North Carolina, and Missouri lines (K-line, T-line, Roger Kenyon, etc.).
- Later arriving immigrants to US
- Kenyons in England
- Three prioritized lines to test:
a. descendant of Elijah of Kenyon Carr, Holcombe (ie of John b ca 1400 Accrington)
b. descendant of William Kenyon of Bold (ie of Henry d1571 Ditton)
c. descendant of Richard wd 1592 of Altham
* The book American Kenyons, by Howard N. Kenyon is available on Ancestry.com. Reprints may also be purchased online at Higginson Book Company (higginsonbooks.com).
Last updated: 11 December 2016