Welcome to the J2-M172 Project@FTDNA!
Goals: study the pedigree relationships (phylogeny) of all J2 lineages (subclades) down to genealogical time, assign project members to appropriate terminal groups and help them in using Y-DNA results and further testing to connect ancient paternal history with surname origins and genealogy. Learn More...
- Dear visitor: this project is conducted by volunteer citizen scientists and admins. Please be patient when you encounter unfinished and outdated areas.
- History J2-FTDNA project...
Support ResearchIf you have not done so, join the research, invite near and distant Y-DNA matches, send us your additional Y-DNA data and help by funding J2 Reseach.
J2 Partnering FTDNA Projects
members will be joined to appropriate partnering FTDNA projects for easier terminal research.
- J2b-M102 Sychev et al. (inactive)
- J2b-M241 Sanders, Veseli, Dastgir et al.
- J2 Middle East Al-Gazzah et al.
External Links & Help
- Haplogroup J2 Facebook group
(discussion & support)
- J2-M172 Haplogroup Research:
- ISOGG Y-DNA project help
The J2 team will automatically add members to the appropriate J2 partnering FTDNA project as test results indicate.
BIG Y Sequencing
Transfer your Genographic Project results to FTDNA and join for free! Geno 2.0: Enter paternal story and send raw data.
Unless otherwise stated: Project Content © CC-BY J2-M172 Project@FTDNA Team, Member Data © kit owners.