Welcome to the J2-M172 Project@FTDNA!
Goals: study the pedigree relationships (phylogeny) of all J2 lineages (subclades) down to the last millennias, assign project members to appropriate terminal groups and help them in using Y-DNA results and further testing to connect ancient paternal history with surname origins and paternal line genealogy. Learn More...
- Dear visitor: this long-term project is conducted by volunteer citizen scientists and admins. Please be patient when you encounter unfinished and outdated areas.
- History J2-FTDNA project...
Support ResearchIf you have not done so, join the research, change standard FTDNA Project Preferences, Privacy & Sharing, invite near and distant Y-DNA matches, send us your additional Y-DNA data and help by funding J2 Reseach.
- Team page with details and honor code.
Gateway to Partnering FTDNA Projects / J2 and subclades collaboration
members will be joined to appropriate partnering FTDNA projects for easier terminal research.
- J2b-M102 Sychev et al. (inactive)
- J2b-M241 Veseli, Provyn, Dastgir, Sanders, et al.
- J2 Middle East Al-Gazzah et al.
External Links & Help
- Haplogroup J2 Facebook group
(discussion & support)
- J2-M172 Haplogroup Research
- ISOGG Y-DNA project help
BIG Y Sequencing / Haplogroup Certification/ TMRCA Calculation
Newly discovered haplogroups need enough evidence for registration. Order appropriate further testing or donate for them.
We suggest uploading the Big Y raw data (.BAM file) to YFull for inclusion in the public YTree J2 and estimation of Haplogroup TMRCA.
Transfer your Genographic Project results to FTDNA and join for free! Geno 2.0: Enter paternal story and send raw data.
Unless otherwise stated: Project Content © CC-BY J2-M172 Project@FTDNA Team, Member Data © kit owners.