Welcome to the J2-M172 Project@FTDNA!
J2-M172 diversified approx. 28,000 years ago in the Middle East. Learn More...
Goals: study the pedigree relationships (phylogeny) of all J2 lineages (subclades) down to late Middle Ages, assign project members to appropriate terminal groups and help them in using Y-DNA results and further testing to connect ancient paternal history with surname origins and genealogy. Learn More...
- Dear visitor: this project is conducted by volunteer citizen scientists and admins. Please be patient when you encounter unfinished and outdated areas.
- History J2-FTDNA project...
- Team page with details
- Contact All Team Members
- Chris Rottensteiner J2(a) lead research, PF5197
- Kamal Al Gazzah J2 Middle East, Z7704
- Angela Cone M67
- Nader Daou M319, J2 Middle East
- Robert H. A. Sanders Cultural History, M241
- Bonnie Schrack A/B/J (S15439, inactive)
- Tim Janzen J (L70, inactive)
J2 Partnering FTDNA Projects
members will be joined to appropriate partnering FTDNA projects for easier terminal research.
- inactive: J2a-M67
- J2a-L24 > J2a-Z7704
- inactive: J2b-M102 > J2b-M241
- J2 Middle East
External Links & Help
The J2 team will automatically add members to the appropriate J2 partnering FTDNA project as test results indicate.
BIG Y Sequencing
Transfer your Genographic Project results to FTDNA and join for free! Geno 2.0: Enter paternal story and send raw data.
Unless otherwise stated: Project Content © CC-BY J2-M172 Project@FTDNA Team, Member Data © kit owners.