The project is open for all persons whose mitochondrial mtDNA haplogroup is H35, and also to persons who suspect they might be H35, based on their mtDNA matches.
Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) haplogroup H35 is an uncommon subgroup of haplogroup H, a Eurasian Haplogroup which likely arose in between West Asia and CentralAsia. H35 is defined by the mutation is C3342T.
If you have got mtDNA, could you please check your account to make sure the admin can see your Coding Region data: in practice, select the Limited box (not Read Only)
Communication with other members
If you are on Facebook, please join Suomi DNA projekti / Finland DNA Project group (a closed group).
- mtDNA haplotree by FTDNA
- mtDNA Haplogroup Mutations by FTDNA: a list of the mutations required for different haplogroups
- Haplogroup H35 by Ian Logan
Research and scientific papers
- Neparáczki, E et al: Y-chromosome haplogroups from Hun, Avar and conquering Hungarian period nomadic people of the Carpathian Basin. Sci Rep. 2019 Nov 12;9(1):16569. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-53105-5. - See Figure 4, Karos K2-41.
- Kiiskila,J et al: Analysis of functional variants in mitochondrial DNA of Finnish athletes. BMC Genomics 20 (1), 784 (2019).
- Vai, S et al: A genetic perspective on Longobard-Era migrations. Eur J Hum Genet 27, 647–656 (2019). doi: 10.1038/s41431-018-0319-8 - See Supplementary Table 3, sample ID LICOL92 (Collegno, Italy)
- Peltzer, A. (2018). Computational methods for ancient genome reconstruction. PhD Thesis, Eberhard Karls Universität, Tübingen. doi:10.15496/publikation-23492.
- Peltzer, A et al: Inferring genetic origins and phenotypic traits of George Bähr, the architect of the Dresden Frauenkirche. Sci Rep 8, 2115 (2018). doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-20180-z - George Bähr's mtDNA is H35
- Malyarchuk,B et al: Mitogenomic diversity in Russians and Poles. Forensic Sci Int Genet 30, 51-56 (2017)
- Derenko M et al: Western Eurasian ancestry in modern Siberians based on mitogenomic data, BMC Evol. Biol. 2014 Oct 10;14:217. doi: 10.1186/s12862-014-0217-9.
- Li S et al: Variation and association to diabetes in 2000 full mtDNA sequences mined from an exome study in a Danish population, Eur. J. of Human Genetics (2014) Aug; 22(8):1040-5. doi: 10.1038/ejhg.2013.282. Epub 2014 Jan 22. (a Danish H35 sample included, no connection to diabetes as such - so H35 in Denmark).
- Behar DM et al: A "Copernican" reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. Am J Hum Genet. 2012 Apr 6;90(4):675-684.
- Ingman M., Gyllensten U.: Rate variation between mitochondrial domains and adaptive evolution in humans, Hum Mol Genet. 2007 Oct 1;16(19):2281-7. Epub 2007 Jul 6. (GenBank mtDNA sequence EU007865(Tuvinian) mentuoned; it's H35 - so H35 in the republic of Tuva)
mtDNA H35 Project Privacy Statement
Volunteering mtDNA H35 project admin: Marja Pirttivaara marja.pirttivaara(@)gmail.com
Using data and information
Information and data obtained from the mtDNA H35 Project must be attributed to the project, administrator, and Family Tree DNA as outlined in the Creative Commons License. Please notify the administrators when using data for public or private research.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)