The project is open for all H35 mtDNA haplogroup member and also to persons who suspect they might be H35, based on their mtDNA matches.
Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) haplogroup H35 is an uncommon subgroup of haplogroupH, a Eurasian Haplogroups which likely arose in between West Asia and CentralAsia. H35 is defined by the mutation is C3342T. - If you have got mtDNA, could you please check your account to make sure the admin can see your Coding Region data: in practice, select the Limited box (not Read Only)
Communication with other members
If you are on Facebook, please join Suomi DNA projekti / Finland DNA Project group (a closed group).
- Haplogroup H subclades (FTDNA)
- Haplogroup H35 page by Ian Logan
- mtDNA Community pages - This website is committed to the support of the "Copernican" reassessment of the human mtDNA phylogeny and to the establishment of computational tools meant to facilitate phylogenetic analysis and comparison of complete mtDNA sequences.
- mtDNA Haplogroup Mutations (FTDNA): list of the mutations required for different haplogroups
Research and scientific papers
- Derenko M et al: Western Eurasian ancestry in modern Siberians based on mitogenomic data, BMC Evol. Biol. 2014 Oct 10;14:217. doi: 10.1186/s12862-014-0217-9.
- Li S et al: Variation and association to diabetes in 2000 full mtDNA sequences mined from an exome study in a Danish population, Eur. J. of Human Genetics (2014) Aug; 22(8):1040-5. doi: 10.1038/ejhg.2013.282. Epub 2014 Jan 22. (a Danish H35 sample included, no connection to diabetes as such - so H35 in Denmark).
- Behar DM et al: A "Copernican" reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. Am J Hum Genet. 2012 Apr 6;90(4):675-684.
- Ingman M., Gyllensten U.: Rate variation between mitochondrial domains and adaptive evolution in humans, Hum Mol Genet. 2007 Oct 1;16(19):2281-7. Epub 2007 Jul 6. (GenBank mtDNA sequence EU007865(Tuvinian) mentuoned; it's H35 - so H35 in the republic of Tuva)
The privacy of project members is respected at all times. The Finland DNA administrators strictly adhere to the Group Administrator Guidelines for Family Tree DNA Projects, the ISOGG Project Administrator Guidelines and the Code of Conduct 2013 of the the Genealogical Society of Finland (Käytännesäännöt 2013).
Using data and information
Information and data obtained from the mtDNA H35 Project must be attributed to the project, administrator, and Family Tree DNA as outlined in the Creative Commons License. Please notify the administrators when using data for public or private research.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)