The aim of our Ford Surname DNA Project is to connect related Ford genealogies worldwide to each other and to their European Ford (or equivalently named) origins. Some specific goals of the project include answering the following questions:
- How many different Ford family groups can we identify, and what DNA signatures characterize the different lines?
- From which ancient clan father (the haplogroup patriarch from thousands of years ago) does each branch of Fords descend?
- Can we use genetic matches to establish each family group's probable geographical place of origin?
- By comparing DNA results for people with well-documented pedigrees, can we trace any particular DNA signatures to particular Ford ancestors and thus enable others to identify their ancestors even when they lack a definite paper trail allowing them to trace back that far?
- Y-DNA (Male Line) Results Charts
- Mitochondrial DNA (Female Line) Results Charts
- Project Overview
- Project Background
- Project Goals
- Project News
- Results Page
- changed in March 2018 to show information about updated Privacy and Sharing options
- For those who are not logged in as members, the button to join our Group appears at the top of the page on the right side of the banner on our project web site.