Genetic Memory Part II
“Etz Yoseph Project”
(The Stick of Joseph)
In Genetic Memory Part I, we saw that after many generations, the 10 northern tribes were scattered throughout the world without knowledge of who they were. At some point, one generation would arise where the dormant memories stored in their genes for many generations would suddenly turn on, and they would:
1) Hear the Word of God and become Biblical Christians;
2) REMEMBER who their ancestors are; and
3) Return to Haaretz (The Land of Israel).
The trigger that the Lord uses to turn on that genetic memory is usually the Word of God (the voice of Yeshua); but other times the trigger for that ancient memory may be the Torah, the land of Israel, the love for the Jews, the Hebrew language, the shofar, the music, the dances, the Feasts of the Lord or even Shabbat.
We call the above phase one, or the “Faith Phase.”
Maybe the Lord has designed a phase two, as DNA testing, by allowing us to find the changes in the DNA sequence of the Y-chromosome to identify the twelve tribes of Israel.
In the Bible YHVH has established the identification of the Israelites and the tribes through the paternal line.
Numbers 1:1 Now the Lord spoke to Moses in the Wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of meeting, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they had come out of the land of Egypt, saying: 2 "Take a census of all the congregation of the children of Israel, by their families, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, every male individually,
Following His guidance, we want to ask Family Tree DNA to test 37 markers of the Y-chromosome of those males that believe that they are Israelites by faith. This test will only tell us today, to which geographical group the individual belongs to, by determining the Y- Haplogroup. It may confirm if that person has Jewish ancestors by comparing our 37- genetic markers with those of the 169,000 Jews that have already been tested by Family Tree DNA. www.familytreedna.com
Please read in this link the thoughts of Bennet Greenspan, the CEO of Family Tree DNA, regarding: Can DNA testing confirm Jewish ancestry?
If you are a female, the DNA test can be done on your paternal brother, paternal cousin, paternal uncle, paternal grandfather or your father. They all have the same Y-Chromosome. Females do not have the Y-Chromosome; they still carry 23 chromosomes of their father, which makes ½ of the DNA make up of the ladies identical to their dads. So you would belong to the same tribe as your Dad. J
The Lord specifies in the Bible that the 12 tribes will be identified at end times, so at least three prophesies could be fulfilled:
1) Return to Israel…
Zechariah 10:6 --"I will strengthen the house of Judah, And I will save the house of Joseph. I will bring them back, because I have mercy on them. They shall be as though I had not cast them aside; for I am the Lord their God, And I will hear them.
2) Sealed as part of the 144,000…
Revelation 7: 4 --And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed. 5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed; 6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed; 7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed; 8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.
3) Land allotted during the millennium…
Ezekiel 47: 21 --"Thus you shall divide this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. 22 It shall be that you will divide it by lot as an inheritance for yourselves, and for the strangers who dwell among you and who bear children among you. They shall be to you as native-born among the children of Israel; they shall have an inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel. 23 And it shall be that in whatever tribe the stranger dwells, there you shall give him his inheritance," says the Lord God.
With the 37 genetic-marker test of the DNA of the Y-chromosome, we will not be able to tell at the present time to which tribe each of us belong. We would only be able to tell if we have Jewish ancestry according to the database built by Family Tree DNA. However, we would have started the process of the identification of the twelve tribes of Israel.
The hope is that as we compare the 37-markers in the Y-Chromosome of those people that believe that they belong to the Israelites, that we will be able to identify, something different and specific for each tribe in the Y chromosome. Also, the DNA of each individual that decides to have the test completed will be preserved in the Family Tree DNA Bank for 25 years, if ever further testing is needed in the future to identify the tribes.
This is the way that the Kohanim gene of the priests of Israel was identified. They tested the Y-Chromosome of men that claimed that they were Cohen, priest of YHVH, and they found the specific and different genetic marker for the Kohanim priest in 70% of them. If you want to read more go to:
If the Lord placed a distinct genetic marker or sequence of the letters A C T G in the Y-chromosome (please refer to Genetic memory Part 1) then we hope that He will let us see it in the test. For example, we would find similarities as we compare the sequence of the DNA in all those that believed that they belong to a specific tribe, like Naphtali. To have 12 of these distinct genetic markers means that a change had to occur in the sequence of the DNA, A C T G in 12 cases, one for each tribe. We call these changes mutations. We would need 12 mutations of the DNA. Since it is Jacob, the father of the 12 Tribes, we think the mutation must have happened in Jacob’s DNA sperm, before he had his twelve sons.
As we read in the Torah, before Jacob begot his 12 sons, one of the most significant encounters of Jacob with YHVH is during his “dream” with the ladder at Bethel.
Genesis 28: 10 Now Jacob went out from Beersheba and went toward Haran. 11 So he came to a certain place and stayed there all night, because the sun had set. And he took one of the stones of that place and put it at his head, and he lay down in that place to sleep. 12 Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven; and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. 13 And behold, the Lord stood above it and said: "I am the Lord God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. 14 Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed. 15 Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you." 16 Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, "Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it." 17 And he was afraid and said, "How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven!"
After Jacob received the blessing a second time from Isaac, and had the dream in Bethel which deals exactly with the descendants of Israel, at the “gate of heaven.” It is possible at this point that the Lord may have caused 12 mosaic mutations, so each of the individual sperm of Jacob could have one of these 12 distinctive markers in the Y chromosomes.
When Family Tree DNA tests for the 37 genetic markers in the Y-chromosome, they will report to each individual and also to the project manager, the specific sequence of letters of the DNA in the Y-Chromosome on 37 short tandem repetitions of the letters A C T G for that individual.
We could look at the sequences and identify common mutations or changes in the letter sequence for each person that claims to belong to each tribe.
They would look at the mutations that happened as often as a few hundred generations ago, called the SNP. If a man is able to have his first child by age 20-40, and Jacob lived about 4,000 years ago, then we have about 100-200 genetic generations, which will fit with our hypothesis. J
In Wikipedia you find the definition of SNP as: “A single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP, pronounced snip) is a DNA sequence variation occurring when a single nucleotide — A, T, C, or G — in the genome (or other shared sequence) differs between members of a species or paired chromosomes in an individual. For example, two sequenced DNA fragments from different individuals, AAGCCTA to AAGCTTA, contain a difference in a single nucleotide. In this case we say that there are two alleles: C and T. Almost all common SNPs have only two alleles.”
Now before we do the Y-Chromosome 37-marker test, we need each person to answer the following five questions. These questions have to do with your genetic memory awakening and hence the belief of belonging to Messiah Yeshua first, then to Israel, and last, to which tribe.
The hardest part will be to specifically identify the tribe. We will try to pick one tribe by each person looking at the characteristics of each one according to the Bible, including the blessings given to each of the twelve sons by Jacob in Genesis 30, and then by Moses in Deuteronomy 33.
The blessings or gifts from the Lord are irrevocable, and He said that the blessings will pass to the future generations. So, most of us should be able to look at the blessings that we have today and see to which tribe these blessings were given by YHVH.
For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God:
Notice that the blessings are contingent on obeying the voice of the LORD, which is the Word of YHVH.
1) Do you love boats, navigation, and the seas? That blessing was given to Zebulun, and that may be your tribe. Genesis 49:13
2) Are you involved in the teaching of the Torah? That blessing was given to Levi. Deuteronomy 33:8:11
3) Are you eloquent with words? That blessing was given to Naphtali. Genesis 49:21
4) Do you work with livestock? That blessing was given to Ruben and Gad. Numbers.7:25-35
5) Are you successful with money and happy at the same time? Is there longevity in your family and women with the gift of prophecy? Those blessing were given to Asher. Deuteronomy 33:24-25 (Ana from the N.T. that receives Yeshua as a baby in the Temple and prophesied over Him was from the tribe of Asher. Luke 2:36)
6) Are you involved in the military? That blessing was given to Simeon. “Mighty men of valor fit for war” 1 Chronicles 12:25
7) Are you musicians and/or dancers? Those blessing are given to Levi (Miriam, Moses’s sister Exodus 15:20; also the Levites serving at the Temple), and to Judah (King David, 2 Samuel 6:14 & The Psalms).
8) Do you know the times we live in and are hard working? That blessing is given to Issachar. Genesis 49:14-15; 1 Chronicles 7:5
9) Do you have dreams that later on become true? Or are successful in agriculture? Those blessing were given to Joseph. Genesis 37:5; Deuteronomy 33:13-17
10) Are you into archery and are accurate in target shooting, besides being interested in the military? Or are you a leader in your community as was King Saul? Or love the word of YHVH and evangelize the world, even unto death like the apostle Paul? Those blessing were given to Benjamin Genesis 49:27; 1 Chronicles 12:2; 1 Samuel 9:21; Romans 11:1
11) Are you a craftsman with the ability to teach others? That blessing was given to the tribe of Dan. Exodus 35:34
12) Do you have good fortune? That blessing was given to Gad. Genesis 30:11; Deuteronomy 33:20-21
13) Do you believe that YHVH can do great things for His people through you, even though you are weak? That blessing was given to Gideon, of the tribe of Manasseh. Judges 6:15
14) Are you physically strong as Samson, or are you a judge? Those blessing were also given to the tribe of Dan. Judges 13; G49:16-17
15) Is your family numerous? Are there in your family women with leadership and prophecy gifts, able to judge? These gifts were given to Deborah, of the tribe of Ephraim. Genesis 41:52; Judges 4:5;
Review the above characteristics of the 12 tribes according to the Word of God, pray on it and let us know.
We have set up a DNA study called the Etz Yoseph project with Family Tree DNA, in Houston Texas. Dr. Georgina Chan Perdomo will be the project coordinator. Both Family Tree DNA and the project coordinator will notify you of your results regarding probabilities of having Jewish ancestry. Also we will let you know if we find information that identifies genetically the twelve tribes.
Instructions if you want to have the Y- 37 DNA test marker done:
A) Notify us and e-mail the answers of the five questions below to Gemelka@yahoo.com : (We thank Angus Wootten that helped us with the composition of the questions below)
1) Do you believe that Messiah Yeshua is the Savior of the World and have submitted to His Lordship under the light of the 66 books found in the Word of YHVH?
2) Do you believe that you are a physical descendant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?
3) If your answer to question (2) was no, do you believe that in some manner by faith in Messiah Yeshua you have become Abraham’s seed? (Gal 3:29).
4) Regarding the present division of Israel, do you feel that you are from the stick of Judah and his companions of Israel, or from the stick of Joseph which is in the hands of Ephraim and his companions of Israel?
5) If you had to pick a tribal gate of the original twelve tribes to enter into the New Jerusalem, which one would you pick? (See twelve tribes’ characteristics questions above.)
B) Go to www.familytreedna.com
1) Type Etz_Yoseph in the search box for surnames, in the upper right hand side.
2) You will find Etz_Yoseph under projects. (The name will not be under surnames).
3) Click on Etz_Yoseph. There will be information about the project there.
4) Click on Y-DNA 37. The price for Etz_Yoseph is $119.00 until December 31, 2010.
5) After that, the price is $149.00.
It is painless to obtain the DNA samples. The instructions on how to obtain the sample of DNA from your cheeks is given at the www.familytredna.com Etz_Yoseph site, on your right hand side, where it says: DNA Test Kit Instructions, View our test kits.
Disclaimer: Alex C. Perdomo M.D. and Georgina Chan Perdomo M.D. do not receive any financial benefit from Family Tree DNA, nor Zachariah Patrol, nor any other entities for our involvement in this project. This is the charge exclusively from Family Tree DNA to do the DNA testing, because it is a group, Family Tree DNA has decreased the price from the original $169.00 to $149.00, and due to the Holidays, the price was lowered further to $119.00 until December 31, 2010.
May all the glory be to YHVH!