In the Bible YHVH has established the identification of the Israelites and the tribes through the paternal line.
"Numbers 1:1 Now the Lord spoke to Moses in the Wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of meeting, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they had come out of the land of Egypt, saying: 2 "Take a census of all the congregation of the children of Israel, by their families, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, every male individually,"
In the Etz Yoseph project, we will test 37 markers of the Y-chromosome of those males that believed that they are Israelites by faith. This test will only tells us today, to which geographical group the individual belongs to, by determining the Y- Haplogroup. It will give us an idea to confirm if that person has ancestors of the House of Judah, by comparing our 37- genetic markers with those of Judah that up today, over 160,000 Jews have already been tested by Family Tree DNA.
With this test, we will not be able to tell at the present time to which tribe, does each of us belong to. But, we would have contributed to the process of identification of the twelve tribes of Israel, by building up the DNA data base for future identification.
The hope is that as we compare the 37-markers in the Y-Chromosome of those people that believe that they belong to the Israelites, that we will be able to identify, something different and specific for each tribe in the Y chromosome.
Now before we do the Y-Chromosome 37-marker test, we need each person to answer the following five questions, that have to do with your genetic memory awakening, and hence belief of belonging to Messiah Yeshua first, then to Israel, then to which of the twelve tribes.
1) Do you believe that Messiah Yeshua is the Savior of the World and have submitted to His lordship under the light of the 66 books found in the Word of YHVH?
2) Do you believe that you are a physical descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
3) If your answer to question (2) was no, do you believe that in some manner by faith in Messiah Yeshua you have become Abraham’s seed? (Gal 3:29).
4) Regarding the present division of Israel, do you feel that you are from the stick of Judah and his companions of Israel, or from the stick of Joseph which is in the hands of Ephraim and his companions of Israel?
5) If you had to pick a tribal gate of the original twelve tribes to enter into the New Jerusalem, which one would you pick? See twelve tribes’ characteristics in the Bible, based on the blessings given to the twelve tribes by Jacob in Genesis 48-49 and Moses in Deuteronomy 33.
We should be able to see in our lives the same blessings to distinguish us for each tribe. The gifts of the Lord are irrevocable and pass down to future generations, contingent to obedience to The Word of God, which is the Bible.
For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable."
And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God:"
We welcome you to this project. Happy Tribe hunting!