The Coker DNA Project site http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/coker/
The Coker Forum on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/groups/CokerForum/
If you have already been tested at FTDNA, then join us by clicking JOIN REQUEST in the menu above.
If you have not been tested, then order a test at https://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?code=R40027&Group=Coker
- Fill in the MOST DISTANT ANCESTOR part of your profile. This is essential information for understanding how your DNA fits in known lineages. Put the names and dates of the earliest ancestors you know. Even if it is just your parents. For example, JOHN DOE, b. abt 1800 in VA, d. abt 1860 in KY.
- Include multiple email addresses in your contact settings. This can help if your current address dies.
- Fill in the Beneficiary Information section of your profile. That will allow others to continue research someday. If you don't have anyone interested in continuing your genetic genealogy work, then feel free to list one of the admins on this project as your DNA data beneficiary.
- Upload a GEDCOM file if you have one. If you don't have a gedcom, then you can ask the admins here to create one for you. To create a gedcom we need to know your lineage. The more ancestors included in the gedcom, the better. But, just you and your parents is better than nothing.
- Let people see what projects you joined. You can toggle this to YES under Account Settings.
- If you want your mtDNA data used for research, then toggle mtDNA Results to YES.
- Project Administrator Settings - You may choose to allow the project administrators to have access and change your settings and personal information. If you wish to grant a Project Administrator full access to your kit, please provide them with your kit number and password. Full access may be revoked at any time by changing your password.