Fletcher DNA Project- Background
See also the original Fletcher surname website at:
http://www.genealogy.fletcher.net/Major%20Fletcher%20Lines.htm Current to: June 1, 2010, not being updated further.
We have completed the process of duplicating and updating our original website. This new website has a basic format, that will require some changes, the main ones are that the text descriptions that accompanied the old results chart cannot be placed on the new chart, and as of now participant names cannot be placed on the Y-DNA chart, only kit numbers. This is being placed here on the opening background page, but a working copy is also on the Results Page (under the “About This Group” tab). This serves as a backup to prevent data loss during updates.
The old surname page was constructed using software that is very hard to update.
THIS WILL BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME, THE LATEST WORKING COPY IS ON THE RESULTS PAGE (under the “About This Group” tab) Last change of this page on ________. Results page now changed current to ________, with kit numbers matching the Y-DNA chart organization. We currently don't have sorting control over the Y-DNA chart organization within the sub groups. New tests or new upgraded results can change the list order within a sub group.
Note that we have added info on the kits with the autosomal or Family Finder test for the Y Kits, and where a maternal line connection to the Y-DNA sub group, the FF kits are notated below. New test results first appear as "Ungrouped" on the Y-DNA chart, until they are changed. Y DNA upgrade results are automatically entered.
· Shaded DYS numbers (above) are faster-mutating alleles.
·Allele values are shown below in chart form under Y-DNA results.
·Haplogroups (column two) listed below in red have been predicted; those listed in
green have been verified by additional testing.
· For explanation of terms, go to Frequently Asked Questions at www.familytreedna.com.
Major Fletcher Genetic Lines (with two or more DNA matches) Dated 5/25/2013 / add'l proof corrections to _______
Archibald Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Scotland NOT SHOWN ON THIS SITE*
The six Fletcher men listed below all descend from Archibald Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyl, Scotland, who was b. 1718. The head researcher of this line is David Fletcher, whose proven paper trail also goes back to Archibald but whose DNA results show him not to be in this genetic line. David believes he is from a blended family. Nevertheless, David will continue as the contact person for this line. These men were tested by Ancestry.com whose markers vary slightly from those used by Family Tree DNA. To compare their results, please use the public database at www.ysearch.org.
ALL: Contact: David Fletcher email@example.com
• Ancestry Kit: William Lee Fletcher - all R1b
• Ancestry Kit: Barrie C. Fletcher
• Ancestry Kit: Angus Fletcher
• Ancestry Kit: Donald E. Fletcher
• Ancestry Kit: Roger Lee Fletcher
• Ancestry Kit: James David Fletcher
* See old Fletcher Surname page at: http://www.genealogy.fletcher.net/Major%20Fletcher%20Lines.htm
Charles Fletcher of South Carolina
Charles Fletcher was b. 1790 in SC; d. 10 Dec 1849 in Van Buren, Crawford Co. AR. In 1814 in SC he m. Eunice. Their children were Amasa Potts, James F., Sarah Ann, Jane F. and Martha J. Fletcher. Although relationship is still unknown, this line is genetically linked to that of Thomas Fletcher Sr., who was b. 1812 in SC. See Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Jun 06 and Dec 2006. Gary Don and William A. match 12/12. Cheyenne matches them 11/12. Gary Don and William D match 25/25 and are close cousins.
• Kit No. 73039 Harmon (‘Cheyenne’) Fuller Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 353353 Harmon Fuller Fletcher Sr. email@example.com
• Kit No. 79740 William Adrin Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Kit No. 9323 Gary Don Fletcher Contact Keith Fletcher: Keith.Fletcher@Foxsports.net
• Kit No. N111012 Mr. William D Fletcher (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Henry Fletcher of New Jersey
Charles Henry Fletcher m. Lydia Leeds Prickett (b. 1845); their son Charles Madison Fletcher was b. 1868 Vincentown, Burlington Co. NJ and d. 1948 in San Diego. Michael and Ryan have a 25/25 match.
• Kit No. 10674 Michael Ronald Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 68133 Ryan M Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
Drury Fletcher of Washington County, Virginia
Died 1817; m. 1786 Sarah Benham; divorced. Was the father of at least one of his housekeeper Dolly’s four daughters. Three children by Sarah: Elizabeth (m. Fleenor), William (b. 1789; m1. Elizabeth; m2. Nancy Garrett); and James (b. 1791; m1. Margaret Patterson; m2. Nancy Jobe [White] Nave). Drury is believed to have had a brother Capt. James Fletcher, whose daughter Sally m. John Richmond Hoggard. Much controvery remains. See Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Jun 94; Dec 94; Dec 97; Mar 02, Jun 04; Sep 04. At 37 markers, Darrell is at a GD=3 to mode, David is GD=1 to mode and Jack matches mode; Jesse matches 10/12 with Darrell, 11/12 with David and 12/12 with Jack and a new 2014 kit for Robert Lynn, who has a GD=1 to mode at 37 markers. Robert Lynn descends from Drury, to William, to Isaac C. Sr., to Isaac C. Jr., to John Lafayette Fletcher (his grandfather).
• Kit No. 15483 Darrell Dean Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 31064 David King Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 26021 Jesse Conrad Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 15568 Jack Miller Fletcher Sr. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 313687 Robert Lynn Fletcher (w/FF) Contact Karen McCloskey email@example.com
Edward Fletcher of Co. Meath, Ireland
Edward Fletcher was b. c1844 in Co. Meath, Ireland. He m. Ann Riley in 1864 and migrated to Utica, NY, in 1865. See FFRB Dec 2007 p. 43. Joe is a great-great-grandson. Derek, James and Joe match 12/12. Joe and James match 24/25. Eldon matches them 11/12 and may be genetically related (results no longer listed).
• Kit No. 173114 James Richard Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 101418 Joseph Girard Fletcher email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 90969 Derek Lewis Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. Eldon Lee Anderson justintime4A@aol.com Results not passed through system, may be out of project, 11/12 match
Henry Fletcher of Cockermouth, Cumbria, England
Great-grandson of Simon, d. 1483; grandson of Richard; son of William (b. 1502 Cockermouth). Entertained Mary Queen of Scots. Ancestor of William Fletcher of Saco, Maine, but it has been genetically proven that he is not an ancestor of Robert Fletcher of Concord, Massachusetts. See
Fletcher Family Research Bulletin Sep 96; Dec 97; Mar 05. Also Mar 95; Mar 89; Mar 93; Mar 98; Dec 99. William Guy and William L. match 25/25, but are 35/37. At 37 markers, Ian matches William L. 33/37. John is a new participant from Tipperary Ireland, and matches William Guy and William L at 12/12. Clifton Charles Kelley is a new listing with a strong pattern match through 37 markers. Richard Julian Phillips, joined in Mar. 2014, also with strong matches at Y-37 and Y-67. These kits could have an unknown Fletcher ancestry or a very strong match that survived from before surnames were taken on.
• Kit No. 178097 Frederick Geoffrey Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 112101 Ian Robert Fletcher email@example.com or sponsor Derek Crompton: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 248928 John Fletcher JohnFletcher1954@gmail.com
• Kit No. 31253 William Guy Fletcher email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 40575 Clifton Charles Kelley E-mail unlisted
• Kit No. 322121 Richard Julian Phillips email@example.com
• Kit No. 22864 William L. Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
Jacob Fletcher of Bedford County, Pennsylvania
Probably born Lancaster Co. PA, as Jacob Fletzer/Flotzer, a German surname which became Anglicized. Settled in Bedford Co., where he and many descendants are buried. Sons include Philip, Jacob, Baltzer, John, Daniel, David, and Michael. See Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Mar 89; Sep92; Jun 96; Mar 97; Jun 01. Daniel matches 11/12 with Eugene and David; Eugene and David match 12/12.
• Kit No. 8405 Daniel Asbury Fletcher email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 9064 David Allen Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 46678 Eugene Fletcher contact through Leah Higgens: VelvetCat2@aol.com
James Charles Fletcher of England
James Charles Fletcher was b. c1818 in England; buried Greenwood Cem., Brooklyn; m. Margaret Morrow of Ireland. Parents of James Charles Fletcher Jr. and Samuel George Fletcher I. See FFRB Dec 2005, p. 43. Samuel and Bryce match 12/12.
• Kit No. 109714 Bryce K. Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 45277 Samuel G. Fletcher email@example.com
James Fletcher Sr., Esquire, of Wilkes Co. NC
James Fletcher, Sr., Esquire, b. c1725; d. 1805 Wilkes Co. NC. By first wife, name unknown, had sons Thomas and Benjamin; his second wife was Susanna. See Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Mar and Jun 2002. John Edward had 11/12 matches, but they were lost at 25 markers.
• Kit No. 49435 John Edward Fletcher (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org
John (L) Fletcher of Mason County, Kentucky
John, whose middle initial may be L, left Mason Co. KY between 1820 and 1835 and migrated to MO. He had two known sons, William H., b. 1813, and George C., b. 1810. John Merle Fletcher descends from William. Lynwood and Michael descend from Isaac Fletcher of Scott Co. VA, who was b. c1809 in NC and m. Elizabeth Lankford/Langford. The exact relationship between these two branches of this genetic line is not yet known. At 37 markers minor mutations would show Dennis and John Merle closer, Franklin Lee and James Blagg closer to each other, but also at mode values, and Michael Rodney, Linwood V. and Jenkins (bro. Paul Henry) are close to each other. Mark William was close at 25 markers, but was 32/37 to the mode values.
Another genetic branch is from Mark William Fletcher of Australia, who descends from the Rev. William Kew Fletcher (b.1800 Aberdeen d.1867 Worthing), s/o Thomas Fletcher (c1767-1851), a civil engineer whose descendants immigrated to India and Australia. The connection between these branches of the same Fletcher genetic family are probably in England at least two generations back from Thomas. Mark matches 23/25 with the other three; Lynwood and Michael match 37/37; Lynwood and John match 64/67. A. Scott Fletcher, who is a son of Michael Rodney, has joined with Y-67 and Family Finder testing.
• Kit No. 260355 Dennis Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. B3328 Mark William Fletcher (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 31326 Michael Rodney Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 92934 Lynwood V. Fletcher Contact through: Mary Lee Allen: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 298677 A. Scot Fletcher (w/FF) email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 218329 Nancy Jenkins (Paul Henry Fletcher) email@example.com Line of Isaac Fletcher
• Kit No. 249587 Franklin Lee Fletcher Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org Line of John Fletcher & Hannah Judd
• Kit No. 199261 James Blagg email@example.com
• Kit No. 84397 John Merle Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
John L. Group: Additional kits, Autosomal or Family Finder Kits (not listed on Y-DNA results) with a known or suspected maternal link to the Y-DNA kits and with Family Finder cousin matches:
• Kit No. 192320 Patricia Moorefield Seaver (w/FF) email@example.com Cousin to Franklin Lee
John (Capt. John) Fletcher of Ireland
Capt. John Fletcher migrated from Wales to Ireland, where he d. 1718. His son John II migrated to America in 1728 with his son John III (b. c1720) and settled in Adams Co. PA. John III d. c1812 in Alleghany Co. PA. These are ancestors of Thomas Guy Fletcher and of the two Fletcher Navy admirals. Thomas Guy Fletcher is genetically linked to 1) Walter Eugene Fletcher, descendant of Thomas Edward Fletcher, b. 1852, s/o John and Eliza Fee Fletcher, and 2) Douglas George Fletcher, descendant of William Fletcher, b. 1811, who m. Isabelle Dundas. William’s grandson Thomas Edward Fletcher (1882-1945), s/o John, was b. in Fermanagh, Ireland, where he m. 1911 Elizabeth Ferguson, then migrated to Ontario, Canada. Matches: Douglas matches Chuck 35/37 and Walter 33/37; Thomas matches Chuck and Douglas 24/25 and Walter 23/25.
• Kit No. 87040 Walter Eugene Fletcher Contact through: Julianne Fletcher: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Kit No. 254447 David Fletcher Flet659@aol.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 84817 Thomas Guy Fletcher Deceased Contact: Michele Slabaugh: email@example.com
• Kit No. 10486 Douglas George Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 211564 John Keith Fletcher email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 31446 Charles “Chuck” Edward Fletcher Contact: Michele Slabaugh: email@example.com
John Fletcher of Chester County, PA
John Fletcher of Chester County, PA (1717-1758) m. Eleanor Hindman and migrated to Augusta
Co. VA. Five children: Robert, who married Christiana B. Kinder and migrated to KY; Mary; Margaret; Job; and John. Descendants migrated to Kentucky, Illinois, Arkansas and Missouri. See Hatridge, Marilyn and Johnnie Fletcher Yelvington. Fletcher Family Reunion. 1993; and Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Dec 88; Jun 90; Sep 92; Dec 93; Jun 97; Jun 01. Barzie, Fred & Dwain match 25/25. Fred and Dwain match 35/37 & 63/67.
• Kit No. 12417 Barzie Ray Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 114698 Fred G. Fletcher Contact: Susan Nadelman email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 132659 Dwain Reeves Fletcher email@example.com
John Howard Fletcher (1879-1964) of LA or MS
John Howard Fletcher was born in Louisiana or Mississippi and ran away from home as a small boy. No further information on his ancestry is yet available. Charles and John match 37/37. Caroline Bidwell Patton (for John Howard and Charles): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 94394 Charles Marvin Fletcher (w/FF) For both John Howard and Charles, Contact through:
• Kit No. 94395 John Howard Fletcher Caroline Bidwell Patton: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Fletcher (b. ~1665) of Yorkshire, Yorkshire, England
Garry Lyle Fletcher descends from Michael Fletcher of Yorkshire, Yorkshire, England, through his son, Michael, and then Robert Fletcher (1849-1917), who emigrated to Saskatchewan. Donald Gary Fletcher is a 37/37 match, but they haven't yet found a connection between their lines.
• Kit No. 72661 Garry Lyle Fletcher (Michael Fletcher , 1665) Garry’s great-grandfather was Robert Fletcher (1849-1917) of
Saskatchewan, who was the son of Michael Fletcher of Yorkshire, England (1816-1906) who emigrated to Canada,
and settled in the Kirkton, Ontario, area. Garry.Fletcher@shaw.ca
• Kit No. 284405 Donald Gary Fletcher email@example.com
Moses Fletcher of Fauquier County, Virginia (formerly known as Wm of Montgomery line)
Moses Fletcher was b. c1725 and died after 1797 in Fauquier Co. VA. He m. 1757 in Stafford Co. VA Sarah Martin and had a family of six children, including sons George, Moses Martin, and Jesse. Moses is not the progenitor of the other lines, just the oldest known ancestor in this genetic group, which also includes: 1) William Fletcher of Montgomery Co. VA, born c1770; d. c1840/50; m. 1791 Mary Milam. Children: James, Rowland, Daniel, Joseph, William, Aaron, Elias, perhaps Polly and Nancy. [Also son John, perhaps a son Milam and another daughter Elizabeth.] See Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Dec 88; Mar 89; Mar 90; Jun 90; Jun 91. 2) Capt. William Fletcher, first married Margaret Cargile, with two sons, a) James F. Fletcher of Marshall Co. AL, who m. Nancy Profitt in Wilkes Co. NC and had sons Capt. James Benjamin Fletcher, John Profitt Fletcher and Jordan Fletcher. See Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Dec 92; Dec 95; Sep 01; Mar and Jun 02., and then b) Lazarus Fletcher w/ wife Milly and their sons John Calvin Fletcher, who was b. c1829 in AL. and sons James and Wiley. 3) Elijah Fletcher of Coffee Co. TN, who m. Lydia Jarvis. 4) Matthew D. Fletcher of Russell Co. VA, who m. Rachel Morgan. 5) George W. Fletcher (b. c1812-17 VA) who m. Ann C. Groves. Matthew, Thomas M and Richard match 67/67; Four members have a unique GD=2 variation in the first 37 markers, but two are consistent when upgraded to 67. Basil, James, Matthew, Richard and Thomas match 37/37; David and Walter match them 36/37 and John Lloyd 35/37. Three close Rice matches have been found in the 1780 in Fauquier as close as 63/67, and a 67/67 White match has been found along with a close McGee match at 65/67. Results posted. This sub group has a strong Family Finder testing program. With additional testing, Charles David White and Richard J. Fletcher have a 109/111 match, and both have also signed up for the Big Y test for additional deep clade information. So far the Big Y shows very close deep clade comparisons, between them and Mr Goff plus one other, probably with the new Irish 4th haplotype within the R Haplotype.
• Kit No. 59855 George Fletcher Contact through: Marion Mitola: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 123960 James Alan Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. N58400 Charles Edward Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 206594 Robert Leslie Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 54288 Robert B. Fletcher (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 35194 Vergil Hugh Fletcher (w/FF) Contact through: Christie Higgs: email@example.com
• Kit No. 59281 John Leon Fletcher (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact through: Karen Groce: email@example.com
• Kit No. 73781 Alvin Fletcher Katy Vanderhoef: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Peggy email@example.com
• Kit No. 245353 Gregory Thomas Fletcher (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 8424 John Lloyd Fletcher email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 200817 Randall M Rice (w/FF) email@example.com
• Kit No. 4809 Paul Samuel Rice Contact: Randall Rice: firstname.lastname@example.org 35/37 match, close time, place connections
• Kit No. 198780 Robert Frank McGee email@example.com Jerrie.firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 81307 Basil Rex Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 130895 James L Fletcher (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Kit No. 275885 Ryder Emory Fletcher Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 275461 Westwood Hugh Fletcher III FletcherRJ@aol.com
• Kit No. 104972 Mathew Mark Fletcher (w/FF) email@example.com
• Kit No. 124562 Thomas Marion Fletcher (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Kit No. 138906 Charles David White (w/FF)(w/BigY) firstname.lastname@example.org Strong 67/67 match, close KY/TN connections
• Kit No. 79763 Richard Jackson Fletcher (w/FF)(w/BigY) email@example.com
• Kit No. 22828 David Gene Fletcher (w/FF) Contact through: Debra Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 34051 Walter E. Fletcher Contact through: Trudi Florian: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 279629 Edward Leon Fletcher Jr. email@example.com
• Kit No. Genebase Feryl Fletcher Results not listed, Contact: Sharol firstname.lastname@example.org See old website for match
• Kit No. 108045 Benjamin A. Rice (w/FF) Results not listed, email@example.com 36/37 & 63/67 match w/ close time & location
• Kit No. Genebase William Seaborn Fletcher Results not listed, see at Genebase, also not listed at old website firstname.lastname@example.org
Moses Group: Additional kits, Autosomal or Family Finder Kits (not listed on Y-DNA results) with a known or suspected maternal link to the Y-DNA kits and with Family Finder cousin matches:
• Kit No. 59856 Marion Mitola (w/FF) email@example.com
• Kit No. 122307 Mr. J. (Guinn) (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org See Z-2 Grouping for Y-DNA
• Kit No. 157695 Ms. Vallie Fletcher Taylor (w/FF) Vallie46@gmail.com
• Kit No. 176949 Louise Leviyah (w/FF) email@example.com
• Kit No. 208201 Wilma Rae Conklin (w/FF) Cathyconklin4@aol.com Daughter
• Kit No. 210802 Katy Vanderhoef (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 216255 Mrs. Karen Morris Groce (w/FF) email@example.com
• Kit No. 236594 Mrs. Betty H Wilcox (w/FF) FletcherRJ@aol.com & JMoots@plateautel.net
• Kit No. 237996 Mrs. Claudia Rose Aguilar (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Kit No. 244557 Elba Fletcher Bee (w/FF) Bumble48@gmail.com
• Kit No. 249636 Ms. Peggy J Fletcher (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 267344 Mrs. Della Fletcher Beckwith (w/FF) email@example.com
• Kit No. 281498 Mrs. Marsha Lynn Schoeberlein (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org Line: Aaron of Fauquier.
• Kit No. B6593 Mrs. Roberta Lynn Crowder (w/FF) email@example.com Line: Aaron of Fauquier.
• Kit No. 281498 Mr. Richards (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org 1st cou. of Lynn Crowder Line: Aaron of Fauquier. His Y-DNA listed in
Z-3 Grouping - Guest
• Kit No. N9536 Miss Cathy Ann Conklin (w/FF) Cathyconklin4@aol.com
• Kit No. N38946 Melanie Diane Ward (w/FF) email@example.com
• Kit No. B2394 William Edward Goff (w/FF) (w/Big Y) firstname.lastname@example.org A Y-12, GD=0 match to the Moses Fletcher Group, at Y37
a GD=7 and at Y67 a GD=10 match. Close Big Y Test match to Richard J Fletcher and C. David White for very deep clade
match. His Y-DNA is listed in Z-3 Grouping - Guest
Ralph Fletcher of Perquimans County, North Carolina
Ralph Fletcher I of Perquimans County, North Carolina was born 1632, perhaps in Surry Co. VA; i. before 21 Jan 1727/28; and m. c1673 Elizabeth Sutton. See FFRB Jun 1997, p. 22 for information on Ralph II and Ralph III. DNA participants Richard and William descend from Joshua(6) Fletcher [Ralph(5), Joshua(4), Ralph(3), Ralph(2), Ralph(1)]. See FFRB Dec 2003, p. 47. All four participants match 12/12. Brien and William match 35/37; Brien and Richard match 35/37; William and Richard match 35/37. These are the only DNA participants to date who have the “N” haplogroup.
• Kit No. 147018 Minos Belden Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 133337 William R. Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 54442 Brien James Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 83582 Richard M. Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Fletcher of Hawkins County, Tennessee
Born 1738; d.1835; m. Sarah Gould. Sons include Thomas, who was scalped and killed, Simon (f/o Wilkinson Fletcher), Moses, Aaron, and John Gould Fletcher (1760-1826), who married first Mary Elizabeth Lewis and migrated first to Stewart Co. TN, then Christian Co. KY, then Lawrence Co. AR. Many of John's thirteen children settled in Pulaski and Saline Counties, Arkansas. See Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Jun 89; Sep 91; Sep 92; Jun 97; Dec 99; Mar-Sep 2000.
John Fletcher of Clermont County, Ohio (Genetic link to Richard of Hawkins proved through DNA of Richard Connelley Fletcher,
but not yet identified.) Married Phoebe Beadle. Three sons: William H., David, and Jesse (who m. 1811 Hannah Simpkins). See Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Jun 89; Sep 93; Dec 2000.
John Fletcher of Marion County, Ohio (Genetic link to Richard of Hawkins proved through DNA of David R. Fletcher, but not yet identified.) John (1788-1864) was b. in Virginia; m. c1813 Catherine Davidson (Davis?). John’s sons were James, John D., Burrus Wesley, George Washington,
Washington, C., Jeremiah, Benjamin S., Lafayette, Albert C., and Cyrus Noble. Many of them settled in Fayette County, Illinois. See Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Dec 02.
All participants match 12/12 except Richard Wesley who is an 11/12 match; John and William are a 25/25 match and Richard Wesley is a 24/25 match to them; Richard Connelly and David R. are a 36/37 match. There is a strong 12/12 match to Travis Livingston Rogers, Kit 134938, see in group Z-3 below, but he has 526 matches at Y-12, and would need to test further to be classified within this group.
Old contacts Patti Vance-Hays: email@example.com for TN line · Contact Myretta Anderson: firstname.lastname@example.org for Clermont Co. OH line
• Kit No. 11101 Richard Wesley Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 24272 James Lee Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 14032 David R. Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 8547 John Lathrop Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 8556 William Farrell Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 25287 Richard Connelley Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. xxxxx Timothy Fletcher Results not listed, see old website email@example.com
Robert Fletcher of Concord, Massachusetts
Arrived in Massachusetts perhaps c1636. Settled in Concord. Five children, all probably born in England: Grissell b. c1618; Francis b. c1620; William b. c1622; Luke b. c1625; and Samuel b. c1632. Wife's name unknown. See Fletcher, Edward H. The Descendants of Robert Fletcher of Concord, Massachusetts. Boston: Rand, Avery & Co., 1881. (An expanded version of his 1871 edition); and Holman, Winifred Lovering. Descendants of Robert Fletcher: The First Six Generations. Unpublished manuscript in library of NEHGS, Boston. 1950. (A carefully researched genealogy which corrects much of EHF's 1881 book; for more details, see Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Mar 1993.) Also see Jun 98; Jun 2000; Mar-Jun-Sep 2001. All participants match 12/12 except Thomas, Roger and John Sherman, who match the others 11/12; Patrick William matches Steven 25/25; Patrick William matches Roger and Thomas 23/25; and David Q. 24/25. Of the four 37-marker participants, Christopher Brown matches Andrew Barak 36/37, John Sherman 34/37, and Russell Rupert 35/37.
NOTE: The old site grouped these descendants into sub groups of known sons, and yet unknown line(s) of ancestry descent. Because of the charting programing cannot be overridden, these kit # are in chart order sequence
• Kit No. 125127 John Sherman Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org Line of Son: T.B.D.
• Kit No. N3359 roger glen fletcher email@example.com Duplicate, but entry level kit, only Y-12, see Kit 43252 below.
• Kit No. 43252 Roger Glen Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org Descends from Joseph Fletcher of Gallia Co. OH Line of Son: T.B.D.
• Kit No. 22565 Gene Curtis Fletcher email@example.com Line of Son: T.B.D.
• Kit No. 31412 Thomas Eugene Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org Line of Son Francis
• Kit No. 87267 Raymond Manson Fletcher email@example.com Line of Son: T.B.D.
• Kit No. 125441 Christopher John Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org Line of Son William
• Kit No. 14001 Jon M. Fletcher Fletcher.email@example.com Line of Son William
• Kit No. 13998 Edward Fletcher Contact: Tracy Fletcher Paul firstname.lastname@example.org Line of Son Francis
• Kit No. 13995 Keith Lloyd Fletcher Kfletch@WebTV.net Line of Son Francis
• Kit No. 10895 Elliott Paul Fletcher email@example.com, Line of Son Francis
• Kit No. 8926 Gary David Fletcher Contact Marilyn Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org Line of Son Francis
• Kit No. 11064 Frank Alan Fletcher Fletch5911@aol.com Line of Son William
• Kit No. 133682 L (Lewis) John Fletcher email@example.com Line of Son: T.B.D.
• Kit No. N21838 Charles Stevens Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Line of Son Samuel
• Kit No. 197313 Robert Dudley Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org Line of Son: T.B.D.
• Kit No. 155411 Russell Rupert Fletcher email@example.com Line of Son: T.B.D.
• Kit No. 8684 Patrick William Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org Line of Son Francis
• Kit No. 38266 Christopher Brown Fletcher email@example.com Line of Son William
• Kit No. 139332 Andrew Barak Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org Line of Son: T.B.D.
• Kit No. 13994 John R. P. Fletcher email@example.com Line of Son Samuel
• Kit No. 217034 Kevin Roger Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 112061 David Quentin Fletcher email@example.com Line of Son: T.B.D.
• Kit No. 28790 Thomas Arch Fletcher Aristarchus235@yahoo.com Line of Son Francis
• Kit No. xxxxx Steven Fletcher RESULTS NOT ENTERED firstname.lastname@example.org Line of Son Samuel SEE OLD WEBSITE This kit
may have been withdrawn from the Project
Robert of Concord Group: Additional kits, with Autosomal or Family Finder Kits (not listed on Y-DNA results or under different Y-DNA line as Z-3 Grouping, as a guest) but with a known or suspected maternal link to the Y-DNA kits and with Family Finder cousin matches:
• Kit No. 347413 Robert Hamilton (w/FF) Scotttish@yahoo.com Maternal line Fletcher Grandfather in Line of Son Francis.
Vardaman Fletcher of Virginia and Indiana
Vardaman Fletcher (spelled variously Vardeman, Verdemon) was b. c1760 or later in Virginia and married 1797 in Washington Co. VA to Elizabeth Wells. He is believed to have had two brothers, John and William, from whom some of the DNA matches may descend. Vardaman had thirteen children, the last five born after they migrated to Indiana. Both Karl and Mark, who match 25/25, have a paper trail back to Vardaman. For further information, see FFRB Jun 1997 and Mar 2001. Morris and Rickie’s earliest known ancestor in the paper trail is “Old George” Fletcher, born 1796 (in KY?); m1. 1815 Levisa “Dicy” Johnson; m2. 1819 Louisa Marshall; mother’s name was possibly Mary; d. 1860 Magoffin Co. KY; the Johnson and Marshall families were from Montgomery Co. VA. Morris and Rickie match 12/12; Morris matches Karl and Mark 24/25; Lorn match Karl and Mark 25/25; Morris matches Lorn and Mark match 35/37; Lorn and Mark match 37/37. Dale Layton Fletcher is a new kit going back to Vardaman, and is a 36/37 match to Robert Frank Fletcher. Dale Layton and Morris O, have both tested with the BigY test for additional deep clade information. So far the BigY shows very close deep clade comparisons, in a yet smaller slice of their previous segment within the R Haplogroup. They have about 20+ other BigY matches at their new terminal SNP.
• Kit No. B6987 Dale Layton Fletcher (w/FF)(w/BigY) Victoriousemail@example.com Dau. Laurie firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 224726 Robert Frank Fletcher (w/FF) Rfletcher@bartabus.com
• Kit No. 42074 Karl J. Fletcher / Moody email@example.com
• Kit No. 68222 Mark Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 119814 Lorn Gerald Fletcher email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 28639 Rickie Wayne Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 199996 Ryan J. Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 8585 Morris O. Fletcher (w/FF)(w/BigY) email@example.com
• Kit No. 4466 Henry Clay Sizemore firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
• Kit No. 225669 Perry Keith Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Vardaman Group: Additional kits, Autosomal or Family Finder Kits (not listed on Y-DNA results) with a known or suspected maternal link to the Y-DNA kits and with Family Finder cousin matches:
• Kit No. B6991 Laurie A. Hansen (w/FF) Victoriousfirstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Laurie is a dau. of Dale Layton
William Fletcher of Accomac Co.,VA; James Fletcher of Brunswick Co.,VA; William Fletcher (R Hap.) of Essex Co.,VA
The participants in this genetic line descend from a variety of ancestors yet to be definitively connected to each other. There are a couple of potential forbears in the neighborhood: James Fletcher, who came to VA on the Primrose (1635); and Hannibal Fletcher, who flourished in an area of James City County, which eventually became Surry County (1635-1665). The earliest known Fletcher ancestors, to the DNA participants, are as follows:
1) William Fletcher, born ca. 1650, lived in Accomack County, VA. He married Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas Selvey, ca. 1675. His will was proved in Accomack 5 Dec 1710, naming the following children: William, Matthew, Thomas, Batterton, Brandon, Elizabeth, Dorothy, Mary, Rosannah, and Frances. Rufus Burton Fletcher descends from this William, through his son William.
2) James Fletcher, born ca. 1680-90, lived in Prince George County, VA, and died in 1733 in Brunswick County, VA. He married first Sarah, daughter of Richard Atkins (d. 1717-18). James’ children, named in his will, are: Richard, Sarah, Mary, Elizabeth, James, John, Nathan, and William. The youngest, William, is currently assumed to be the son of second wife, Amy Harwood. Donald Fox Fletcher descends from James through his sons, John and Nathan.
3) Thomas Fletcher, born ca. 1762, lived in Halifax and Pittsylvania counties, VA, where he died in 1838. He married Kesiah, daughter of Joseph Farris, in 1790, in Pittsylvania County. They had the following known children: Nancy, Tabitha, Meeky, Elizabeth, Chloe, James, John W., Susannah, and Rebecca. James Ronald Fletcher descends from Thomas through his son, John W.
4a) William Fletcher: UPDATE May 2013: See below: William Fletcher (R Hap.) of Essex Co., VA (As paper trail descendants would prefer to refer to him.) This William should be the one who lived in South Farnham Parish of Essex County, Virginia, and William’s will is dated 5 Feb 1727/28, naming minor children Nathan, William, James and Phebe. The son, William Jr., also resided in Essex and his will is dated 8 Oct 1774 in Essex County and names sons John, William, Carter, Reuben, Nathan and daughters Caty Fletcher, Foebe Fletcher (apparent sister). After the 1774 death, his sons Reuben, William III and daughter Sally and her husband Charles Breedlove moved to Caswell County, North Carolina (this is abbreviated from the family submission). William III is the son and grandson of William I and II of Essex County, Virginia; his descendant, Mickey Webb Fletcher’s DNA match with James Monroe Fletcher, descendant of Reuben Fletcher (William III’s brother) and both men’s close match with men in the Accomack/Brunswick group further proves that the Essex County Fletchers are closely related if the paper trail is correct.
4b) William Fletcher, (likely grandson of 4a) born 17 May 1751 in VA, married Rebecca, daughter of George M. Moore, ca. 1776, in Granville County, NC. Prior to 1790, they migrated to Rutherford County, NC, where William acquired substantial land holdings, in an area to become first Buncombe, then later Henderson County. In 1812, William and family migrated to Madison County, MS Territory, where he died in 1815. William and Rebecca had the following children: William, Mary, John, Joseph, Elizabeth, Martha, George Moore, Lemuel, James Benjamin, and Lorenzo F. Mickey Webb Fletcher descends from this William through his son John of Henderson Co. NC, who married three times and raised 18 children. (Note that this John’s lineage has up until recently been mistakenly tied to the William of Essex genetic line. Since one of his descendants (Mickey) is Haplogroup R1b1a2, John’s lineage cannot be tied to the William of Essex line, which is Haplogroup I.)
Donald Fox, James Ronald, and Mickey Webb all match 67/67, and their common ancestor should be within 6 to 8 generations from each of them. Rufus Burton matches them 65/67, and a common ancestor for all four is much farther away. Researchers for Donald, James, and Mickey currently speculate that Thomas (b. 1762) and William (b. 1751) likely descend from sons of James (d. 1733), i.e. Richard (b. ca. 1712), James (b. ca. 1721), or William (b. ca. 1730).
Among the other participants, James Monroe Fletcher, Jr. is a 66/67 match to Donald Fox, James Ronald, and Mickey Webb, while David Henry Fletcher is a 65/67 match. Ferrell Eugene is also a 66/67 match. Their mismatches are similar to each other but do not correspond at all to Rufus Burton’s mismatches. James Monroe’s earliest known ancestor is James Fletcher (b. 1785–NC), who married Susan and died in 1850, in Lumpkin Co. GA.
• Kit No. 145167 Elbert James Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. B2833 Vern W Clark Leanncarroll90@att.net
• Kit No. N11409 Allen Clay Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 245931 Mr. George Wesley Alexander (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 247323 Laurence Edward Fletcher Larry@LFletcher.net
• Kit No. 149698 Phillip Ross Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 147262 James M Fletcher (contact Carla Fletcher McDaniel: firstname.lastname@example.org )New 4/1/16 email@example.com
• Kit No. 31707 James Ronald Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 8505 Mickey Webb Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 79102 Donald Fox Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org See separate (w/FF) kit below.
• Kit No. 109621 David Henry Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 176309 Ferrell Eugene Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 107833 Danny Lionel Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 335157 Robert Allen Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 49365 Rufus Burton Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 63512 Colin Gray Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Wm of Accomac Collective Group: Additional kits, Autosomal or Family Finder Kits (not listed on Y-DNA results) with a known or suspected maternal link to the Y-DNA kits and with Family Finder cousin matches:
• Kit No. 186322 Donald Fox Fletcher (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org See Y-DNA kit 79102 above. This kit Family Finder only.
• Kit No. B10263 Tim Stone (w/FF) email@example.com No Y-DNA. Kit for uncle, Loren William Fletcher, line
researched back to John Seyn Fletcher, William of Essex / (William of Accomac) R Hap. group.
William Fletcher (I Haplogroup) of Essex County, Virginia
This line is in the I Haplogroup, and some records interpretation may conflict with a William Fletcher (R Haplogroup) of Essex Co. VA. See comments under William Fletcher of Accomac Co., VA (et al.) and below.
Born before 1700; d. 1727/28 Southfarnham Parish, Essex Co. VA; m. Martha (Carter?); will lists children William Jr., Nathan, Phoebe, and James. The following subgroups may descend or be related to this William:
1) James Fletcher of Rabun Co. GA, born 1818 NC; resided Rabun Co. 1850 and 1860; m. Jane “Jency” Morgan; children: Reuben, William A., Dicey, James Melvin, Nancy, Silas Coleman, Joseph Hillis, John, Liza, and Andrew Kimsley. Known ancestor of DNA participants Stephen Darrell Fletcher and William Charles Fletcher. There are circumstantial links to William of Essex. See Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Dec 02.
2) William Fletcher of Southfarmham Parish m. by 1720 Mary Prichard. This William is too old to be William Jr., s/o William d. 1727/28 but a connection is likely. This William may be the William Fletcher whose will was proved in Southfarmham Parish in 1774 by John Fletcher and Charles Breedlove Jr. and whose children are believed to be John*, William (possibly the William Fletcher who was b. 1758 in Stafford Co. VA and d. 1837 in Limestone Co. AL- No, per current thought, this is a Moses of Fauquier, William), Catherine, Sarah (m. Charles Breedlove), Carter, Seborn (or Reuben), Nathan, and Pheby.
*William’s son John is not the John Fletcher of Henderson Co. NC as has long been thought. DNA results show that John of Henderson’s descendants are genetically related to the William of Accomac group.
A close reading of the above and the Red Text insert in the William of Accomac group above will show that one lineage is being used for two different lines. The writer does not have access to the original research, but it is conceivable that there were more than one line of William Fletchers, of different haplogroups, but only clear records for one person. This will require more examination by the participants.
Of the Fletcher DNA participants listed below, Stephen, William and Robert match 37/37; Johnny and Homer match them 36/37; Bart matches them 34/37; Edward matches them 24/25; Bart and Homer match 63/67. Note that these Fletcher men are in Haplogroup I, rather than the normal Fletcher haplogroup of R1b1a2 (M269). Flint Parker Fisher recently joined the Fletcher Project, and his Y-37 matches are at a GD=1 to Robert Eugene, Stephen Darryl, & William Charles, and a GD=2 to Homer Lee and Johnny, and at GD=4 to Paul Robert and Bart Allen Fletcher. Flint Parker Fisher goes back to Henry Fisher (1792-1854), who’s then unmarried mother was Susanna Fisher (1773-1834). Thus there is a strong likelihood of an unknown Fletcher father.
• Kit No. 294449 Ralph A. Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Kit No. 94479 Johnny Fletcher (contact: Debby Smith firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Kit No. 116984 Homer Lee Fletcher (contact email@example.com)
• Kit No. 27997 William Charles Fletcher (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org & Greg Fletcher: GfletcherNC@earthlink.net)
• Kit No. 22675 Stephen Darryl Fletcher email@example.com (alt. firstname.lastname@example.org & GfletcherNC@earthlink.net)
• Kit No. 116333 Robert Eugene Fletcher email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 197791 Paul Robert Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 244763 Flint Parker Fisher (w/FF) Contact is Shirley Gilmore firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 19290 Edward Michael Fletcher email@example.com Alt.: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 68510 Bart Allen Fletcher BAFletcher@aol.com
William Fletcher of Kanawha And Monroe Counties, Virginia
William Fletcher, born in England, is said to have been pressed into British service and served nine years before deserting during American Revolution. Five children of first wife; m2. Margaret Spickard with whom he had seven more children. Son James b. 1797 Kanawha Co. VA; m. Elizabeth Tackett. Son Robert b. 1806 Monroe Co. VA; m1. Elizabeth’s sister Keziah Tackett; m2. Elizabeth Messick; m3. Ann Traber. The Tackett and Fletcher families migrated to Henry Co. IN. See Fletcher Family Research Bulletin, Mar 1992; Mar 1994. Note that this is one of only three genetic lines in Haplogroup I. William is in Patrick’s direct line of descent. Although Patrick and Donald match 12/12, their common ancestor is at least one generation, and perhaps more, back from William. This is an I Haplogroup. As members are added to this group, they will likely have different emigrant ancestors. A recent addition, Thomas, has a long line in Ireland, and is likely a branch that never emigrated to the U.S.
• Kit No. 106064 Donald Charles Fletcher (Rife) (contact Teri Barnes: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Kit No. 26022 Patrick Meredith Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 248925 Thomas Fletcher Thomas Fletcher & son Alan, Co. Tipperary, Ireland firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 186301 Richard Paul Fletcher (w/FF) Dgflech@windstream.net & Karen, email@example.com
William Fletcher of Russell County, Virginia
Born c1744; d. 1798 Russell Co. VA; m. Mary Conway. Larry and William Burke are match 12/12.
• Kit No. 28906 William Burke Fletcher, Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
• Kit No. N112154 William D Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
• Kit No. 8735 Larry O. Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org or Lflet14@gmail.com
• Kit No. 232516 John C Fletcher Sr. JOHNFLETCHER@BELLSOUTH.NET
Additional kits William of Russell Co. Group, Autosomal or Family Finder Kits (not listed on Y-DNA results) with a known or suspected maternal link to the Y-DNA kits and with Family Finder cousin matches:
• Kit No. 211463 Mrs. Betty J. Dodrill (w/FF) LJKlassen@aol.com Probable line: Wm of Russell Co VA
Z-1a Grouping - E Haplogroup Fletchers, but non matching Members
• Kit No. A2370 Micheal Eber Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 42418 John David Fletcher (Aubra Layne Fletcher bc 1913 Wichita co Tx). Hap. E1b1a. firstname.lastname@example.org
Also contact MaryPointer1@tds.com
• Kit No. 122833 Bobby Wayne Fletcher email@example.com Hap. E1b1b1
Z-1b Grouping - Other I Haplogroup Fletchers, Close & near match:
See also William Fletcher of Russell Co. VA for a somewhat close match. The other main Fletcher Sub Groups which is I Haplogroup is: Reuben Fletcher of Iredell Co NC, and related lines. (Reassigned from previous listing with William Fletcher of Essex Co. VA).
• Kit No. 82410 Bobby (Avon L.) Fletcher Descendant of Rev. Thomas Fletcher of Snow Hill, Maryland, who was b. 1690 in Chibour, England. Emigrated to America as a rector of Snow Hill. His son Levin migrated to Granville Co. NC. Many descendants moved on to Gibson Co. TN. Contact Peggy Reen: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 145339 Mr. Lancelot Lansing Fletcher, Res. of New York City email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. N91400 Mr. Jonathan Murray Fletcher (Jacob Fletcher c1800) email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. N95071 Richard Michael Fletcher Sr. email@example.com
• Kit No. 17608 Eldon Lawrence Fletcher A GF/GS pair, descending from William Fletcher of New Brunswick, Canada, born 1802. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 34512 Evan Lawrence Fletcher A GF/GS pair, descending from William Fletcher of New Brunswick, Canada, born 1802. Contact email@example.com
• Kit No. 49367 Russell Fletcher Descendant of William Fletcher of Cambridgeshire, England (s/o William and Elizabeth Fletcher), who was b. c1781 in Wisbech; d. 1838 Luzerne (now Wyoming) Co. PA; m. c1805 Hannah Tuck. Several children migrated to Kane Co. IL. Contact: Bonnie Eggert: Blgert@aol.com
• Kit No. B8605 Lon Fletcher (w/FF) No Fletcher matches. firstname.lastname@example.org Lineage traced back to Francis Fletcher b. 6 Jan 1761 in Yorkshire, Eng.
• Kit No. 155670 Bruce Wallace Fletcher No matches. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Z-1c Group - G Haplogroup - Other Fletchers, but non matching G Haplogroup members:
• Kit No. 68199 Donald Ray Fletcher Descendant of John William Fletcher (b. 1898 San Francisco; d. 1987 MI), son of George John Fletcher and Margret Lilly Kimball. email@example.com
• Kit No. 311504 John T Fletcher Brownjulian@comcast.net
• Kit No. 97400 Brian Lloyd Fletcher (w/FF) No matches. firstname.lastname@example.org
Z-1d Group - Q Haplogroup - Other Fletchers, Y-12 match only, no defined common ancestor:
• Kit No. 16107 Robert Lee Fletcher Sr. email@example.com Sponsored by nephew Bud Loftin of Delhi, LA
• Kit No. 157951 Mark Andre Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org . (George Fletcher, e. Nova Scotia from Ireland, b 1801), who landed in St. John, New Brunswick, in 1834, m. 1839 Martha Smith and migrated to Nova Scotia.
Z-2 Grouping: Unique Fletcher Genetic Lines (with no DNA matches to date)
• Kit No. 65589 Steve L. Fletcher email@example.com Descendant of John Goldsmith Fletcher Jr. Matches 11/12 with Barzie Ray but
probably not related.
• Kit No. 76978 Jimmie Barber Fletcher (John Patterson Fletcher) Descendant of Patterson Fletcher, b. KY, s/o James and Sarah Fletcher of
Co. KY. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 235230 Stephen Richard Fletcher III email@example.com
• Kit No. 44903 Matthew David Fletcher (Robert A. Fletcher, b. 1934, PA) Grandson of Robert A. Fletcher, who grew up in an orphanage in
Maine, supposed son of Donald A. Fletcher of PA. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 163286 Mr. Andrew Fletcher Contact: Andrew Fletcher email@example.com
• Kit No. 102949 John Stuart Fletcher Resident of Garway Hill, Hereford, England. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Kit No. 178243 Robert Patrik Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 31942 Ralph Fletcher Long thought to be descendant of Robert Fletcher of Concord, DNA results have shown that incorrect. No email
• Kit No. 97258 Francis William Fletcher (Durand Murray Fletcher (1867-1921)) The family claims emigration to the United States from
Scotland in the 1700s. Contact Regina Sadono [daughter] email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. N13810 John Hoyt McLeester (Alexander McCleester, b. 1818 Co. Roscommon, Ire) email@example.com
• Kit No. 256238 Brian Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org Previously placed in John Fletcher of Chester Pa group based on 11/12 results,
with additional testing there was no longer a match.
• Kit No. 121127 Joseph Durwood Fletcher (Thomas J. Snow) email@example.com
• Kit No. 8073 Gordon Stanford Fletcher Proven not to be descendant of Robert Fletcher of Concord, Deceased. Last mail address:
• Kit No. 30544 Thomas Gerard Fletcher (Benjamin F Fletcher,b.c.1835, in VA or Montegomery Co. IN). firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 104176 Alex Fletcher (Donald Arch. Fletcher, c. 1904, Lochdonhead, Mull) Descendant of the Fletchers of the Isle of Mull,
Argyllshire, England. See Isle of Mull genealogy at www.mullgenealogy.co.uk
• Kit No. N62296 Hugh Herrick Fletcher (Joseph Fletcher, England born 1830) Hugh and Tyler Herrick match 66/67. No other matches.
Relationship and lineage is unknown. email@example.com
• Kit No. 10307 Gary M Fletcher Descendant of William Fletcher of Green Co. TN (perhaps b. England), who m. 1818 Elizabeth Shelly; also
resided in Hawkins and Hamblem Co. TN. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Kit No. 149343 Tyler Herrick Fletcher See Hugh above, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 100484 David Benjamin Fletcher (w/FF) (James Fletcher b. c. 1813, New Dover Road, Kent, who was transported to Tasmania in
1833). See FFRB Dec 2007, p. 39-40. email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 45476 Harold Lewis Fletcher, Descendant of Stephen Fletcher (b. c1795 VT, NY or MA), who resided in WI, Contact Dorothy
Z-3 Grouping: Guest Participants
• Kit No. 147721 Thomas M. Witesman (Charles Earl Witesman) (w/FF)
• Kit No. A1889 Emery Charles Graham (Henry Fletcher / Jacksonville,Telfair Co., GA/1790)
• Kit No. 347413 Robert Hamilton (w/FF) Scotttish@yahoo.com Maternal line Fletcher Grandfather in Robert Fletcher of Concord Line of Son Francis.
• Kit No. 288819 BJ Melvill email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org Y-111 & (w/FF) A maternal Fletcher connection suspected.
• Kit No. 295943 Donald Louis Boney email@example.com Y-111 & (w/FF) Several maternal line connections with Wm of Accomac descent lines.
• Kit No. 121389 Cameron Thomas Kalei Sistar
• Kit No. 75035 Charles Mark Alexander
• Kit No. B6572 Robert Patrick Bowman Jr. Y-67, Onek9training@yahoo.com Y-DNA line back to Henry Bowman, b. 1829, PA: d. 1884, Warren Co., PA
• Kit No. B2394 William Edward Goff (w/FF) (w/Big Y) firstname.lastname@example.org A Y-12, GD=0 match to the Moses Fletcher Group, at Y37
a GD=7 and at Y67 a GD=10 match. Big Y Test match to Richard J Fletcher and C. David White for very close deep clade match.
• Kit No. 159391 Cary W. Ditty (Guest entry)
• Kit No. 281498 Mr. Richards (w/FF) email@example.com 1st cou. of Lynn Crowder Line: Aaron of Fauquier. Y-DNA listed in Z-3 Grouping - Guest
• Kit No. 229892 Ray Walker Price (w/FF) Sponsor: Tere‘ Lawrence, firstname.lastname@example.org Ray is adopted but has two close Fletcher FF matches.
• Kit No. 188745 John Thomas Irwin Jr. (William French 1739) E-mail temporarily deleted
• Kit No. 194458 R. Mitchell Bush
• Kit No. 141710 Stephen Foster (Guest entry) (w/FF)
• Kit No. 134938 Travis Livingston Rogers Y-12 close match to Richard Fletcher of Hawkins Co TN group.
• Kit No. 155204 Derek Samuel Ditty (Guest entry) (w/FF)
• Kit No. 160776 Robert James Ditty (Guest entry) (w/FF)
• Kit No. 157341 Patrick Scott Ditty (James Ditty, 1793) (Guest entry) (w/FF)
• Kit No. 261964 Ronald Westley Spring Sr. Cousin guest of Mark William Fletcher
• Kit No. 260655 Brad Jerome Spring Cousin guest of Mark William Fletcher
• Kit No. 122307* Mr. J. (Guinn) See Moses Fletcher group, (w/FF) Autosomal Kit section, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Possible maternal line connection. They removed their kit from group. * No longer listed.
Fletcher Project Group Members without Y-DNA: Additional kits, Autosomal or Family Finder Kits (not listed on Y-DNA results), or only GENO2 or mtDNA results; with a known, unknown or suspected maternal link to Fletcher ancestors or one of the Y-DNA kits and/or with Family Finder cousin matches:
• Kit No. 97466 Geraldine Marie Raudzens Nee Wilson (w/FF) email@example.com
• Kit No. B7413 Charles Ray Herrell, Sr. (w/FF) contact Sharon Steele firstname.lastname@example.org G-GSon of John James Herrell and Lovey Fletcher, VA.
• Kit No. B9863 Frank Fletcher (w/FF pending) email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or Deborah email@example.com Awaiting receipt of Autosomal file transfer. No Y-DNA. Ancestor Godfrey Fletcher b. 1732 England
• Kit No. B10263 Tim Stone (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org No Y-DNA. Kit for uncle Loren William Fletcher, line likely back to John Seyn Fletcher, William of Essex / William of Accomac R Hap. group.
• Kit No. N15889 Cindy Janet Tippet (mtDNA HVR1 only) email@example.com
• Kit No. N40906 Nan Harvey (w/FF) NanHarvey@gmail.com Her line goes back to Margaret Fletcher (1683-1728) m. Thomas Harvey, she the dau. of Ralph Fletcher (b. 1632) & Elizabeth Sutton (Perquimans Co NC), Ralph the son of Curtis Fletcher (b. 1602 Dorchester Eng.)
• Kit No. 128852 Brenda Joyce Acuff Fletcher (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org Widow of Michael D Fletcher (John L Fletcher Line) and has a Fletcher FF cousin match.
• Kit No. 175570 Iris Wylie (w/FF) email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Lineage to Robert L Fletcher (1858-1923 in Ark.) and Catherine Rodgers, and their daughter Gonzula.
• Kit No. 214411 Kara Cifizzari (mtDNA only) email@example.com
• Kit No. 216943 Sean Fletcher (mtDNA only) firstname.lastname@example.org London UK
• Kit No. 242793 Ann M Lamb (w/FF) AnnL7777@aol.com or email@example.com
• Kit No. 245077 Tracy Lynn Taylor (w/FF) firstname.lastname@example.org line back to Sarah Jane H Fletcher b. 1814 S.C. d. 1843 Ala., m. Levi W. Ramsey
• Kit No. N115606 Ryan Fletcher (Geno 2.0 Transfer - mini BigY) No Y-DNA for listing. R-L151 terminal SNP. Kit No. 298235
• Shirley Knotts (w/FF) email@example.com
• Kit No. 300990 David Robert Fletcher (w/FF) No Y-DNA firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kit No. 311805 Betty Larison (w/FF) email@example.com
• Kit No. B6991 Laurie A Hanssen (w/FF) Victoriousfirstname.lastname@example.org Dau. of Dale Layton Fletcher in Vardaman line. Also shown in that group for w/FF connections.