McBirney Clan DNA Project
The purpose of the McBirney DNA project is:
• To identify others who are related and to bring together related people who may have scattered to many countries of the world.
• To assist McBirneys of any spelling and other historically related groups to find cousins; determine family location and movement; and, when possible, determine clan branch or cadet line.
• To help people prove or disprove theories regarding their family history or ancestry with an additional resource.
• To investigate through DNA the deep ancestral roots of the clan.
• To share with other DNA project managers information on Scottish and Irish genealogy.
• To determine if McBirney has multiple progenitors of different ancestry, such as Celtic and Scandinavian.