(#1)The main mission of this FTDNA group is to help mixed-race Mulatto-Indians, (= "Mulindians"), formerly known as "Wesorts", to know for sure, their true racial/ethnic origins, and to document that identity by way of a "paper trail" and/or dna-testing under the auspices of FTDNA, and the (Creole-American Genealogical Society, Inc.), founded in 1983.
1) "Mulindians", (= Mulatto-Indians of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia).
2) "Creole-Indians", (= Chesapeake-Creoles. = speakers of French, Spanish, Portuguese, German/Dutch, and/or their respective Creole, Criollo, Crioulo, or Papiamento languages.)
4) "Blindians", (= black-Indians).
In addition to our main focus as a lineage society whose main purpose is to research, document, and archive the genealogies of the nine (9) historical Wesorts-Piscataway surnames of the biracial & tri-racial people of southeast Maryland and Virginia,...(= Butler, Gray, Harley, Newman, Proctor, Queen. Savoy, Swann, & Thompson), .....(#2), we also research the bona fide, Creole, mixed-race ancestries of the biracial/tri-racial descendants of the original European male-settlers of the southeastern-USA, the Gulf-states, especially Louisiana,...the Crioulo-CapeVerdean community of Massachusetts,...the Chesapeake-Creoles, and the original, historical Creoles of Belize.
(#3) The 3rd focus of this genealogical group, aka the "Mulindian Nation" = ("Mulatto-Indian Nation"), is to...
extend its research to include the lineages of all persons of any well-documented... (= with primary sources)... proof of Indian ancestry whom are NON-ENROLLED and/or without tribal recognition, with special focus being placed on the infamous "hit list" surnames compiled in the 1940s by the State of Virginia.
It is important to note that although our roots are in Maryland ...(which is PISCATAWAY TERRITORY)...many of us are, in fact, descended from various other tribes, especially CHEROKEE.
The "hit list", although quite extensive, is exclusive and limited to the counties and surnames which are listed here:
MOON, POWELL, KIDD, PUMPHREY.
King William County, New Kent, Henrico. Charles City, & Richmond City, Virginia:
COLLINS, DENNIS, BRADBY, HOWELL, LANGSTON, MILES, STEWART, WYNN, ADKINS, ADAMS, ALLMOND, CUSTALOW, DUNGOE, HOLMES, PAGE, HAWKES, SUPRLOCK, DOGGETT.
Amherst County, Allegheny and Campbell:
ADCOX, BEVERLY (BURCH/BIRCH), BRANHAM, DUFF, FLOYD, HAMILTON, HARTLESS, HICKS, JOHNS, LAWLESS, (K)NUCKLES, PAINTER, RAMSEY, REDCROSS, ROBERTS, SOUTHARDS =
(SUTHARDS, SOUTHERDS, SOUTHERS), SORRELLS, TERRY, TYREE, WOOD, JOHNS.
McVEY, MAXEY, BRANHAM, BURLEY.
Rockbridge & Augusta):
CASH, CLARK, COLEMAN, DUFF, FLOYD, HARTLESS, HICKS, MASON, MAYSE (MAYS), PAINTERS, PULTZ, RAMSEY, SOUTHERDS, (SOUTHERS, SOUTHARDS, SUTHARDS), SORRELLS, TERRY TYREE, WOOD, JOHNS.
BYRD, FORTUNE, NELSON.
Essex, King, & Queen Counties:
NELSON, FORTUNE, BYRD, COOPER, TATE, HAMMOND, BROOKS, BOUGHTON, PRINCE, MITCHELL, ROBINSON.
Elizabeth City & Newport News:
Stewart (descendants of the Charles City families.)
EPPS, (Eppes), STEWART (STUART, COLEMAN, JOHNSON, MARTIN, TALLEY, SHEPPARD (SHEPARD), YOUNG.
Norfolk & Portsmouth Counties:
SAWYER, BASS, WEAVER, LOCKLEAR (LOCKLAIR0, KING, BRIGHT, PORTER, INGRAM.
SORRELLS, WORLDS (WORRELL), ATWELLS, GUTRIDGE, OLIFF.
TYSON, PHILLIPS, SEGAR (See Fauquier County.)
HOFFMANN (Huffman), RILEY, SEGAR, COLVIN, PHILLIPS.
BEVERLY, BARLOW, THOMAS, HUGHES, LETHCOE, WORLEY.
Lee & Smyth:
COLLINS, GIBSON (GIPSON), MOORE, GOINS, RAMSEY, DELPH, BUNCH, FREEMAN, MISE, BARLOW, BOLDEN (BOLIN), MULLINS, HAWKINS. = (Chiefly Tennessee Melungeons.")
DINGUS (See Lee County.)
KEITH, CASTELL, STILLWELL, MEADE, PROFFITT. (See Lee & Tazewell.)
HAMMED, DUNCAN. (See Russell.)
Please see Lee, Smyth, Scott, and Russell Counties.
As members of this genealogy-study group, we hereby publicly declare that we are "NON-ENROLLED, NATIVE-AMERICAN-INDIANS" of the Chesapeake Bay areas of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia.
As members of this genealogical group, we declare that we are unified, supportive, and loyal to each other as we individually go about the business of searching for recognition from a State-recognized and/or Federally-recognized Native American, Indian tribal group, which will be based on the findings of our individual "paper trail" genealogical researches, in conjunction with our individualized dna-test results done by FTDNA.
1) "Mulindian", (mulatto-Indian) = a person with VERIFIABLE descent from an Indian, African & British "blended lineage", born in the USA or the Caribbean.
2) "Creole-Indian", = a person with VERIFIABLE Indian, African & European "blended lineage", descended from a Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, or Dutch colonizer, conquistador, or settler of the original colonies in the USA and/or the Caribbean.
3) "Blindian", (black-Indian) = a person with VERIFIABLE descent from an Indian & African "blended lineage", born in the USA or the Caribbean.
1. The primary goal of this FTDNA Wesorts-Piscataway DNA Project is to prove consanguinity among persons with the surnames, Butler, Gray, Harley, Newman, Proctor, Queen, Savoy, Swann, and Thompson of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia.
2. Our secondary goal is to use the results of the FTDNA tests
as proof of our genealogical claims.
3. And thirdly, we help to, but do NOT GUARANTEE, qualification of those same, certain, pre-qualified, deserving persons for the CDIB (Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood), issued by the BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs) in Washington DC.
4. We will assist a member in proving NA/Indian lineage to any Indian tribal group if he or she feels "deserving" but "un-recognized".
5. However, we do NOT guarantee admission to / or recognition of any person, by any Indian tribal groups, nor do we encourage application for membership to any Native American tribal groups.
6. Application to any Native American/Indian tribal group is deemed as a separate entity which shall be taken by individuals ON THEIR OWN,
7. IF AN INDIVIDUAL PERSON DECIDES TO MAKE APPLICATION TO A CERTAIN Native American TRIBAL GROUP OF THEIR CHOOSING,....IT IS TO BE fully UNDERSTOOD THAT THIS GROUP, the Wesorts-Piscataway DNA Project, WILL NOT BECOME DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN THAT TYPE OF ACTIVITY, NOR WILL THIS GROUP GIVE ANY LEGAL SUPPORT TO THAT TYPE OF ACTIVITY.
8. Our ONLY CLAIM, AND OUR ONLY PROMISE IS THAT we will STAND BY and give support as to the the scientific validity of the DNA results provided by FTDNA.
DBA (= "doing-business-as":
Carmen (Proctor*) Cook, Genealogist
The surname inside the parenthesis = (Proctor), indicates this group-administrator's clan-lineage.
Contact administrator directly @: Creole.Indians@gmail.com