The main goals of the Rayment (and variant surname) group project are as follows:
* To discover information to help with our family history research.
* To find out which family trees are related to each other.
* To uncover information to help with "brick walls."
* To confirm surname variants.
* To validate existing family history research.
* To unearth information about our distant origins.
* To preserve the family's DNA sequence for future research should any male branch of the tree become extinct.