This is the H7 mtDNA Full Genomic Sequence Project. To Join you must:
- Have Results from the mtDNA Full Genomic Sequence (FMS) test at Family Tree DNA. Results from other testing companies and from Geno2 cannot be considered here at FTDNA but will be on the external website at http://H7mt.org
- Have your HVR1, HVR2, and Coding Region results turned on in your personal page at FTDNA, thus allowing the administrator to see them and to be in a position to consider all your mutations at the moment of classifying your results into their proper subclade of H7. This process could also allow the discovery of new mutations, leading eventually to the definition of a new subclade of which your mtDNA haplotype could be the node.
- It is important to fill in the information in your personal page concerning the most remotely known mother of your line of mothers (your ancestress). If you have already done documentary research on your matrilineage and know your complete line of mothers up to your ancestress, please forward us copy of this precious information so that it be posted on the external website for the benefit of other genealogists with whom you could share a common ancestress. The two most recent levels of your matrilineage will be omitted from this list in order to avoid your possible identification. mtDNA signatures can serve genealogy, they can help identify relatives and they can serve to validate line of mothers in genealogies. The signatures of a shared ancestress can also be identified through triangulation. But this is only possible when the line of mothers is known and documented. If it is not completely known, we may possibly help you to complete it. Send us what you have.
- If you have a GEDCOM of your genealogy, please upload it to your personal page at FTDNA.
- If you have any questions or remarks, do not hesitate to contact one of us.
- This project has an external website at http://H7mt.org
- A FaceBook H7 group can be joined at http://on.fb.me/1x1nLbe
- A FaceBook static H7 FaceBook page at http://on.fb.me/1x1nQeV
- Welcome to all !!
- Administrators Email addresses are:
- Jacques P. BEAUGRAND at Beaugrand.Jacques@UQAM.ca
- Doron YACOBI at firstname.lastname@example.org