Welcome to the Fanning DNA Project! Our goal is to use both Y-DNA (from father to son) and at-DNA (50% from mom, 50% from dad), coupled with traditional genealogical research, to learn more about our ancestors. There are three requirements to joining intended to make the project collaborative and productive:
At least "Limited" access to the admin team.
- Fanning variant surname (or provide your Fanning line).
- FTDNA kit number with relevant DNA test.
- Fanning variant surnames can have either Y-DNA or at-DNA test to join.
- Non-Fanning variant surnames must have either an at-DNA test or a Y-DNA test showing clear matches to Fanning (suggesting a non-paternity event).
- This setting is found in your FTDNA kit's "Account Settings" under the "Project Preferences" tab.
- Anonymous information on members will be posted to the public results page to make the project collaborative and productive. This page will not include identifiable information like email addresses or living persons without permission from the kit owner. The page will include the kit number, Fanning pedigree (excluding living persons), and relevant DNA analysis.