THE GOALS OF THIS PROJECT are to:
- To identify the various branches of the Bondurant family surname and its variant spellings to determine a connection, if possible.
- To establish degree of relationship between members of the Project.
- To identify the Most Recent Common Ancestor (MRCA) among members of the Project.
- To establish relationship to oldest known ancestor between members of the Project.
- To locate and test members of as many branches of the Bondurant (and variations) Family as possible.
- To solicit modest donations from interested parties to assist those who might not be able to afford a deeper test, especially for Y-DNA.
If you or a family member have previously tested your autosomal DNA at 23andMe©, AncestryDNA™, or MyHeritage™, you can transfer your results to Family Tree DNA by uploading your raw data file. After transferring your file, your autosomal data is uploaded to the FTDNA database, one of the world’s largest genetic genealogy databases.
After transferring your results, for free, you will receive a list of your autosomal matches from our database and have access to our Family Finder - Matrix. The Matrix feature allows you to select and compare the autosomal DNA relationship between up to ten of your matches at one time.
Note: Family Finder is the name of our autosomal DNA test.
After transferring, you can unlock all Family Finder features, which include the Chromosome Browser, myOrigins, and ancientOrigins for only $19.
Protecting your privacy: Most DNA testing agencies are very careful with your DNA results and require a signed release form for your results to be shared in their database. You can authorize them to allow other people who match your results to contact you, or remain anonymous – your choice! For your own protection, we suggest setting up a separate free email account with Yahoo.com, Google.com (gmail.com) or other web host and using that email address for your DNA genealogy correspondence, instead of your personal email account.