Tierney Clans Society DNA Project
The following are some of the objectives of the Tierney Clans Society DNA Project.
1) Identify others who are related and in this way we can pool research better and so fast track results.
2) Prove or disprove theories regarding ancestors. We have ascertained that there are 3 main Tierney septs and one sub-sept. There are many thoughts as to the origins of this Tipperary sub-sept and DNA would really put discussion to rest.
3) Solve brick walls in your research caused by the lack of pre 1850 documentation in Ireland.
4) Determine a location for further research.
5) Validate existing research.