Y-DNA Haplogroup Q Project
As a Haplogroup Project, The Q yDNA Haplogroup Project serves the Genetic Genealogy by:
- Exploring the history of the Haplogroup since its members' most distant shared ancestor.
- Tracking the geography the Haplogroup and its subclades.
- Examining the age of the Haplogroup and its subclades.
The project is open to all Family Tree DNA clients who meet one of these qualifications:
- Have tested positive for M242 or P36.2 at Family Tree DNA or be predicted positive through their system.
- Have tested positive for M242 or P36.2 at another lab and send a copy of their results certificate to project administration.
- Have a positive yDNA match who shares a paper trail ancestor in under eleven generations.
If this describes your kit or a kit that you have proxy rights for, you may join by following this link and filling in your kit number and password. You do not need to order a new kit.
In addition to the Family Tree DNA Administrator's Guidelines, the project shall:
- Inform all project members before allowing their results to be used outside of the project.
- Inform all project members of policy changes.