Wildfang Wildfong Wilfong
North Carolina Wilfongs
I. Johannes Wilfong and his wife Elisabeth were passengers on the "St. Andrew's Galley" and arrived in Pennsylvania 12 September 1734.
(son or grandson) Major George Wilfong 1740 PA - 1818 NC, married Mary M. (Poff) Mull, the widow of Abram or Conrad Mull; John Wilfong 1762 SC, while family was burned out by Cherokee Indians, and died 1838 married Hannah Sigmon, Revolutionary War Hero; John Wilfong, Jr. 1793 - 1883 NC, married Lavinia Summey; James Ellis Wilfong 1851 NC - 1934 NC, married 1874 Mary Elizabeth Emma Blackburn.
The children of Major George and Mary M. (Poff) Wilfong were:
1. John Wilfong - Hannah Sigmon
2. Mary Wilfong "the beautiful Mary" -
3. Elisabeth Wilfong - Jacob Cline
4. Catherine Wilfong - Andrew Hoyle
5. Peter Wilfong - Susannah Catherine Hoyle
6. Sarah Wilfong - Andrew Gross
The children of John Wilfong and Hannah Sigmon:
1. Caroline Elisabeth Wilfong - Dr. Charles Rebo
2. Henry George Wilfong -!) Delia C. Shuford
- Mattie Baskin
3. Jane Martha Ann Wilfong - Matthew Lock
4. Vardry Pinkney Wilfong - Elizabeth Ann Berry
5. John Macon Wilfong -Sue A. Abernethy
6. Capt. Yancey Milton Wilfong
7. Raymond Theodore Wilfong
8. Sidney Theodore Wilfong
9. Lt. Charles Summey Wilfong
10. James Elles Wilfong - Mary Elizabeth Emma
11. Marcus DeLafayette Wilfong
13 24 14 11 11 14 12 12 11 13 13 30 _______________
(no dna sample for Jacob Wllfong; assumed to be brother of Major George Wilfong.
II. (Jacob Wilfong, the son of grandson of pioneer Johannes Wilfong, was the brother of Major George Wilfong.
Jacob Wilfong died in 1759, leaving a will. Jaocb married Elisabeth Jacobs. Their children:
1. Catherine Wilfong - Henry Savitz
2. Sarah Wilfong - Capt. Henry Miller
3. George Wilfong (known as Geroge Jr.)
1) Catherine Elisabeth Shuford
2) Susanna Suratt
4. child born after Jacob's death, who died you
3. George Wilfong, Jr. and his 2 wives were the parents of.
a. Martin Wilfong married Mary Gross
b. Elisabeth Wilfong - William Bandy
c. Sarah Wilfong - David Clodfelter
d. Jacob Wilfong
e. Catherine Wilfong - Hugh H. Harrell
f. David Wilfong - 1)Kissia Jarett
2. Nancy Hutson
g. ?Eve Wilfong - Andrew Abernethy
h. Mary Margaret Wilfong - Niniah Hamilton
a. Martin Wilfong was born in 1789 and died in Missosuri. He married 17 Aug. 1809 (NC) Mary Gross. Family moved to Missouri.
b. Elisabeth Wilfong married 24 Dec. 1811 (NC)
c. Salley Wilfong married (NC) 19 Dec. 1814 Peter Clodfelter.
c. Jacob Wilfong moved to Missouri.
d. Catherine Wilfong married (NC)24 March 1819 Hugh H. Harrell.
e, David Wilfong married 1) (NC) 13 April 1819 Kissia Jarratt and 2) (NC) 18 April 1833 Nancy Hutson.
f. Eve Wilfong married 1 July 1820 Andrew Abernethy. (Eve was not mentioned in the will of her father)
g. Mary Margaret Wilfong was born 14 Oct. 1800, died 15 May 1853 and buried in Little Hamilton Cemetery, Washington County, IN. Mary Margaret married (NC) 20 Aug. 1824 Ninian Hamilton.
Letters from Missouri:
1. 31 July 1819 Letter of Jacob Wilfong from Cape Girardeau, MO to his father.
2. 1 Aug. 1819 Letter from Cape Girardeau, MO by Martin Wilfong to his father. It mentions his brother Jacob and wife.
3. 7 April 1821 Letter from Martin Wilfong in Cape Girardeau, MO to his father George and brother David Wilfong, and brothers-in-law William Bandy and Peter Clodfelter. The bearer of his letter was Daniel Wilfong. (who was Daniel Wilfong?)
Letter also mentions his brother Jacob Wilfong living in Fredricktown, MO (Madison Co., MO)
19 Jan. 1822 Letter from Longville, SC from Hugh H. Harrell to the Wilfong family in NC. Mentions his daughter born in 1821 and named for her aunt Mary Margaret.
III. Johannes Wildfang,
2. George Michael Wildfang.
3. George Jacob Wildfang, was known as Jacob, as the first name of German and Swiss was just a bapttismal name and rarely used. Jacob married a Miss Miller from SC as his first wife.
4. Jonas Wildfang was born in 1790 in NC and married Catherine Livergood (Lebegood, Livingood).
5. David Wildfang was born in 1831 in Freeport (Kitchener) Ontario, Canada
6. John Willfang was born in 1859.
7. Henry Willfang was born in 1894.
8. Allen Paul Wilfang born 1925
9. Garry Willfang born 1946.
(Daniel Wilfong who moved from NC to Missouri may descend from this line of Wilfongs. )
DNA # 71620
13 24 14 11 10 14 12 12 11 13 13 29
19 9 10 11 11 24 15 19 30 14 15 17 17
West Virginia Wilfongs
1. Johannes (Wilfang) Wilfong and wife Elisabeth
emigrated from Germany to Pennsylvania in 1734 on the "ST. Andrew".
2. George Michael Wilfong married Sophia Catharina Veitheim.
3. Jacob Wilfong married 1) Mary McCorkle and 2) Regina Elisabeth Varner.
4. George Michael Wilfong, (Jr. or II)
married Margaret McGloughlin
5. Manassa Wilfong married Elizabeth Francis Long.
6. Charles W. H. Wilfong married Jeanettie Blanche Wade.
7. Shirley Freeman Wilfong married Rena Wright.
8. Freeman Elton Wilfong married 1) Wayva Jean Rutherford, 2) Claudette Pringle, mother of Gary Freeman Wilfong
13 24 14 11 11 14 12 12 11 13 13 30