THURMAN and Variations DNA Project
The Thurman DNA Project offers personalized analysis of DNA results in conjunction with research assistance:
1. To identify, enumerate, and connect as many Thurmans (and variations) as possible.
2. To correct and eliminate speculative relationships in Thurman/mon/d family lineages.
3. To provide clues for further research when a historian has reached a “brick wall”.
4. To aid genealogists in differentiating between genetically unrelated families living in similar locations.
5. To offer a family research community to Thurmans of all backgrounds.
6. To assist Thurman descendants to locate and recruit living male Thurmans from their family to participate in this DNA project.
7. To participate in the larger genetic genealogy community through voluntary sharing of results in the National Geographic Genographic Project and Ysearch.