N1c1 haplogroup (defined by SNP M178+) is widely spread around the Baltic Sea, Volga region, the Urals and Siberia.
The subclade N1c1-L1026 is typical for the Europe. Possible place of origin for L1026+ is westward from the Urals.
Possible place of origin for L708+ is Siberia.
The subclade N1c1-L550 is spread in South-Baltic region, Scandinavia, Iberia, British Isles.
At low frequency (<1%) the haplogroup N1c1 is found in Spain, Portugal, Germany and British Isles.
There are 5 main european subclades of haplogroup N1c1:
1) North European Subclade (Z1936+,Z1935+)
2) North-Baltic Subclade (VL29+,L1022+)
3) South-Baltic Subclade (L550+,L1025+)
4) Scandinavian II (L550+,L1025-)
5) Ugric Subclade (Z1936+,L1034+)
For special research, new SNP finding and other interesting facts among bearers of N1c1 please donate!
To donate to the general fund please