Langston DNA Surname Project
The objectives of this Y Chromosome DNA Project are:
1. To establish Y chromosome haplotypes for the Langston surname and its variants.
2. To set up charts of the Y Chromosome, including each DNA sample that has been submitted by the participants.
3. To establish if there are common ancestors among the project participants.
4. To determine possible common origins among the Langston surname variants.
5. To determine any commonality in the origins of the surnames, using the first ancestral place of origin from each pedigree for each sample.