My FamilyTreeDNA Project Website Title
The Kenyon Project aims to advance the understanding of Kenyon ancestry by combining
documented lineage with genetic advances through DNA testing.
- Identify specific American Kenyon lines (refer to background page)
- Identify specific English Kenyon lines
- Identify most recent common ancestor (MRCA) between English and American lines
- Assist members in making matches to their lines
- Identify potential prospects for future testing
- Provide periodic updates to members
- Increase membership numbers (to 40 within two years, with a target of 100 members)
- Descendants of American immigrants John Kenyon (ID=1) and James Kenyon (ID=2). Source for these lines comes from American Kenyons, by Howard N. Kenyon, published 1935*
- Locate and compare Illinois, North Carolina, and Missouri lines (K-line, T-line, Roger Kenyon, etc.).
- Locate, identify, and document subsequent Kenyon immigrants, arriving after John and James.
- Identify Kenyon lines living in England today.
- Descendants of Lord Lloyd Kenyon and Jorden de Kenyon
- Descendants of the 17th century Lord Roger Kenyon of Peel Hall
* The book American Kenyons, by Howard N. Kenyon is available for free through Heritage Quest. You can get a code, if your public library carries it. It is also available on Ancestry.com. Reprints may also be purchased online at Higginson Book Company (higginsonbooks.com).
Last updated: 16 July 2014