The Privacy & Sharing page is where you may control most of your privacy and sharing options.
This page contains the following sections:
- My Profile - Allows you to limit access to your profile information with regards to projects of which you are a member. This only affects you if you are part of a group project.
- My DNA Results - Allows you to limit who can view your DNA results.
- Account Access – Allows you to limit the permissions that your Project Administrator has for your account. This only affects you if you are part of a group project.
To access the Privacy & Sharing page:
- Sign in to your myFTDNA account.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click on your name/kit number, and click Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
In the upper-left corner of the page, click on myFTDNA, and click Account Settings from the slide-out menu.
The Account Settings page is displayed.
- On the Account Settings page, click the Privacy & Sharing tab. The Privacy & Sharing page is displayed.
You may control all of your privacy settings on the myFTDNA page for the kit. You may learn more specifics about privacy and your Family Tree on the Family Tree Privacy Settings page.
Joining a project does expose some identifying information about you to the project volunteer administrator. It may also expose non-identifying information about you through the project’s Public Project Website (should it have one).
The project volunteer administrator can see your results and some of the information listed in your myFTDNA account such as your contact information. The project volunteer administrator will not be able to see your password.
Projects often set up a website on which member results are posted. How these results are identified is up to the project volunteer administrator. Results are often listed by the participant’s oldest known ancestor, kit number, or last name. You may wish to discuss what information will be available on the project’s website before joining a project.
2) On the top navigation bar, click your name, and choose Settings from the menu.
3) To opt-out of or opt-in to sharing your ethnic percentages with your matches:
Opt-out – on the Privacy & Sharing page, select the Do not share my ethnic breakdown with my matches option.
Opt-in – on the Privacy & Sharing page, select the Share my ethnic breakdown with my matches option.
4) Click Save.