The Beneficiary Information page is where you can enter and update the information of your kit’s beneficiary. The beneficiary is the person who will be granted control of your myFTDNA account, your DNA test results, and any stored DNA sample in the event of your death. After they contact us, they will gain complete control of the kit and will be authorized to order additional tests with any DNA that may remain in stock.
This page contains the following fields:
- Name – Name of your beneficiary.
- Phone – Beneficiary’s phone number.
- Email – Beneficiary’s email address.
To update this information, fill out the form and click the Save button. Once you have saved the information, a link to a printable form* will be available. Note that because the form uses the information on your Contact Information page, you should update that page before proceeding. If you would like a hard copy of this to include in your will or with your other legal documents, click the Printable Form* link. This will take you to the form. Verify your information, print it, and have it notarized.
- Sign in to your myFTDNA account.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click on your name/kit number, and click Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
In the upper-left corner of the page, click on myFTDNA, and click Account Settings from the slide-out menu.
The Account Settings page is displayed.
- On the Account Settings page, click the Beneficiary Information tab. The Beneficiary Information page is displayed.