The Advanced Matches page allows you to compare genetic matching from multiple types of DNA tests: Family Finder, mtDNA, and Y-DNA, as well as filtering by X-matches. You may select filtering options in the filter (FILTER ADVANCED VIEW) section and view matching results in the results (ADVNACED VIEW) section.
Filter (FILTER ADVANCED VIEW)
- Choose which tests to compare – You may select all or specific test types from Y-DNA, mtDNA, and Family Finder tests. Your options depend upon the tests you have taken. Please note that all tests are listed, even if you have not taken that test.
- Show only people I match in all selected tests - This option allows you to narrow down to only people with which you match across multiple tests, such as FMS and Family Finder, to help you determine how close a match may be.
- Last Name Starts With – Filter matches by surname matching.
- Show Matches For – View matches from the entire Family Tree DNA database, or limit them to a specific project.
- Results Per Page – Choose the number of results you wish to view on a page.
Results (ADVANCED VIEW)
- Name – This is your match’s name. Note that some of your matches may have chosen not to see or be seen by matches at one or more testing levels. They will be shown as Private. This field also includes the following:
- a link to your match’s personal profile – click on their name to view their information.
- a link to view their email address.
- a link to the TiP program for those with Y-DNA results.
- myFamilyTree if your match has one.
- a link to add a note or a link to view/edit a note about that match.
- testing levels for their Family Finder, mtDNA, and standard Y-DNA tests.*
- YDNA Haplogroup – This is your match’s Y-DNA haplogroup according to their testing. If they have not taken a Y-DNA SNP test, a - (dash) is displayed.
- mtDNA Haplogroup – This is your match’s mtDNA haplogroup according to their testing.
- Y-DNA Columns – These columns (Y-DNA12, Y-DNA25, Y-DNA37, Y-DNA67, and Y-DNA111) display the genetic distance between you and your match. Exact matches have a genetic distance of zero.
- mtDNA Columns – These columns (HVR1, HVR2, and FMS)* display the genetic distance between you and your matches. (Genetic distance is zero for exact matches.)
- Family Finder – This is the relationship range between you and your Family Finder matches.
You can sort each column by clicking on the column name.
* These are the mtDNA shorthand, testing levels (products), and matching levels.
|Shorthand||Testing Level||Matching Level|
|HVR2||mtDNAPlus||HVR1 & HVR2|
|FMS||mtFullSequence||HVR1, HVR2, & Coding Region|