There are many ways that you can reach out to your cousins to invite them to participate in your Family Finder project. Here are some that may work for you:
- Call your closer relatives, such as your 1st and 2nd cousins, on the telephone or talk with them in person.
- Write a letter to your more extended cousins, explaining the goals of your project. Offer to follow up with a telephone call.
- Take materials explaining your project to family gatherings and reunions.
- Contact other family historians and genealogists and enlist their help.
- Announce your project through relevant online surname and geographic mailing lists and forums.