Yes. You may order a new test or upgrade to a project member’s kit after obtaining the full consent of the person tested and the person who manages the kit. This is usually done by emailing the person who manages the kit. They will be able to contact the person tested. When all have given written consent, you may place the order.
To do so:
- Sign in to your GAP account by entering your Project Administrator username and password.
- On the menu bar, click Member Reports > Member Information. The Member Information page is displayed.
- On the Kit Number column located on the left side of the page, click the kit number for which you want to place the order. By GAP impersonation, the myFTDNA account for that kit is displayed.
- On the upper-right corner of the page, click the blue Upgrade button. The Order Additional DNA Tests page is displayed.
- Select the type of test you wish to order.
- Follow the Shopping Cart prompts to complete the order.
- Send the person who manages the kit an email confirming that you have placed the order using your funds.
If you paid by invoice, you will need to return to the Group Administrator Pages (GAP) to complete payment.
To do so:
- Return to your GAP account.
- On the navigation bar, click Project Administration > Unpaid Products. The Unpaid Products page is displayed.
- Use the Unpaid Products page to pay all or part of the balance.
If you are only paying part of the test’s cost through your project, they will need to sign in to their myFTDNA account to pay the balance. Note that tests are not processed until the balance is paid in full.