You may make your project private by removing it from the Projects Index and by not allowing others to join the project without a Join Request.
To remove your project from the projects index and require a Join Request:
- Sign in to your GAP account by entering your Project Administrator username and password.
- On the menu bar, click Project Administration > Project Profile. The Project Profile page is displayed.
- Clear (deselect) the Allow Order without join request check box.
- Clear (deselect) the Show project in Surname Project list check box.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, click the Save Project Profile button to save your changes.
Note: Most private settings are not the best option for wide interest surname, lineage, and geographic group projects.