The mtDNA Results page allows you to evaluate members according to information they have entered about their maternal ancestry and their mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) results.
- Kit Number: This is the project member’s kit number that we assigned with their first order. If they transferred from the National Geographic Genographic Project, we assigned their kit number when they transferred.
- Name: (Optional) This is the name provided by the project member on the My Account – Contact Information page of their myFTDNA account.
- Country: (Optional) This is the Maternal Country of Origin provided by the project member on the Genealogy – Earliest Known Ancestors page of their myFTDNA account.
- Maternal Ancestor Name: (Optional) This is the Maternal Side information provided by the project member on the Genealogy – Earliest Known Ancestors page of their myFTDNA account.
- Subgroup: These are the subgroups that you have set on the Project Management Member Subgrouping page.
- Haplogroup: This is the project member’s mtDNA haplogroup as determined by either the backbone test included in HVR1 and HVR1&2 tests or the results from their mtDNA full genomic sequence test.
- HVR1 Mutations: These are the results from the first hypervariable region.
- HVR2 Mutations: These are the results from the second hypervariable region.
- Coding Region Mutations: These are the results from the coding region.
You may sort each column in descending or ascending order. To sort in ascending order (A->Z or 1->10), click on the column name once. To sort in descending order (Z->A or 10->1), click on the column name twice. You may download the report table by clicking on the Export to Spreadsheet button.
- RSRS Results:This is the default. It displays members’ results as differences from the RSRS standard.
- Detailed RSRS Results: This changes the display to show only those people with mtDNA full sequence results. Rather than their differences to the RSRS, this version of the report shows their differences from the modal values of their assigned haplogroup. It shows additional mutations without parentheses. It shows expected mutations that are missing with parentheses. Note that it only displays those project members who have mtDNA full sequence results and have their display turned on for your project.
- CRS Results: This allows you to view results as using the old rCRS comparison. This is a legacy view. Therefore, customer service will not be able to answer questions about it.
- Page Size: This allows you to set the number of rows of member results displayed on each page. Note that large page sizes will reduce page load times and may not work.
- Show Advanced Filter: This displays Advanced Filtering options for the reports. The Advanced Filters (ALPHA) provides filters for four fields; Name, Country, Maternal Ancestor Name, HVR1 Mutations, HVR2 Mutations, and Coding Region Mutations.
- Export Spreadsheet: This allows you to download project members’ results. Your use of them should follow the GAP Guidelines.