The mtDNA Results Classic page allows you to evaluate members according to information they have entered about their maternal ancestry and their results from mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) testing. Results are displayed in subgroups that you have set on the Project Management Member Subgrouping page.
- Kit Number: This is the project member’s kit number that was assigned with their first order. If they transferred from the National Geographic Genographic Project then their kit number was assigned when they transferred.
- Name: (Optional) This is the name provided by the project member on the My Account – Contact Information page of their myFTDNA account.
- Country: (Optional) This is the Maternal Country of Origin provided by the project member on the Genealogy – Earliest Known Ancestors page of their myFTDNA account.
- Maternal Ancestor Name: (Optional) This is the Maternal Side information provided by the project member on the Genealogy – Earliest Known Ancestors page of their myFTDNA account.
- Haplogroup: This is the project member’s mtDNA haplogroup as determined by either the backbone test included in HVR1 and HVR1&2 tests or the results from their mtDNA full genomic sequence test.
- HVR1 Mutations: These are the results from the first hypervariable region compared to the RSRS.
- HVR2 Mutations: These are the results from the second hypervariable region compared to the RSRS.
- Coding Region Mutations: These are the results from the coding region compared to the RSRS.
- RSRS Results: This is the default. It displays members’ results as differences from the RSRS standard.
- Detailed RSRS Results: This changes the display to show only those people with mtDNA full sequence results. Rather than their differences to the RSRS, this version of the report shows their differences from the modal values of their assigned haplogroup. Additional mutations are shown without parentheses. Expected mutations that are missing are shown with parentheses. Note that it only displays those project members who have mtDNA full sequence results and have their display turned on for your project.
- CRS Results: This allows you to view results as using the old rCRS comparison. Note that this is a legacy view. Therefore, customer service will not be able to answer questions about it.
- Print Friendly: This adjusts the formatting to improve printing results.
- Export Spreadsheet: This allows you to download project members’ results. Your use of them should follow the GAP Guidelines.