If you are the owner or primary kit manager of third party (such as Ancestry.com or 23andMe) results, you may transfer them by following these steps.
- Go to the Autosomal Transfer Program page.
- If you already have an existing FTDNA account, click Already have a Family Tree DNA account?, otherwise enter your contact information and click Try it Free!
Note: If the data is for a different individual than your existing kit, you will need to create a new kit. Each kit is specific to each individual.
- Click Upload Raw Data
- Select the file you wish to upload from your computer. You can upload .txt and .zip file formats.
- You will automatically be taken to your main account page.
- This free transfer will allow you to see a sample of twenty matches. To see these matches, click on Matches
- To contact these matches, and to see your complete match list and ethnic breakdown, click on Unlock for Free
- You can copy/paste the link provided to upload four other sets of data to unlock for free. Alternatively you will be able to unlock this data for a $39 fee.