Welcome to myOrigins!
myOrigins is the updated version of Family Tree DNA’s Population Finder. It allows you to see your ethnic makeup and is included with every Family Finder test.
To access your new myOrigins results, login to your myFTDNA account. After you login, look for the “myOrigins” button under the “Family Finder” header.
The first big change you will notice is the interactive map with your population clusters. Each of these clusters represent one of your genetic populations with the the most opaque colors representing your most dominant populations. In addition, you will see:
1. Your name in the upper left corner, with your populations listed below.
2. Each of your primary ethnic groups can be expanded by clicking the + symbol next to the colored bar.
3. You may hide your populations by clicking the – sign to the right of your name.
4. In the lower left corner, you will see how you compare to your matches. There are several exciting features in this section for you to explore.
5. You may minimize this section by clicking the – symbol in the lower right of the bar.
6. If you click on “Your Ancestral History,” you will see brief descriptions of each of the 22 clusters. You may also view these descriptions by clicking on each cluster or on the cluster names in your chart in the upper left corner.
7. In the lower right corner, you will see an orange and a green pin. Clicking on either of these will place a marker for each of your matches. These are their reported paternal and maternal most distant origins.
8. In the upper right corner, you will see a link to take you back to your homepage. myOrigins has several exciting new features to explore. We recommend you click around and enjoy the new layout.
To see all the descriptions of the population clusters, see the Population Clusters in myOrigins entry.