Top News, Goals, Help (Glossary), Research & Resource page, Forum, Donate: Thank you Conrad!
This Project is on a low profile as long as J2-M172 and J2a-PF5197 projects need dedicated and comprehensive research.
Volunteer Haplotype Research Project for Y-DNA tested L26+ (= J-L26; formerly J2a4, J2a1, etc.)
and clustering by STR haplotype (Marker values) to kits (presumed) L250.2+, L1064+, PF5169+, DYS391=9. More SNPs/clades with haplotypes of interest: Z2221/PF5160, Z2397/PF5197, YSC0000246, PF5174, PF5177, L251.2, L777; L70*DYS462=10; M47; M68; L198; PF5119*I; L210, Z489; M92*B
If you are positive for the SNPs please join: J2a-PF5197 (J-PF5169, J-YSC0000246) Haplogroup research
Genographic Project Geno 2 male customers please transfer your data (in Profile / Expert Options) for free to Family Tree DNA to your existing kit-number or create a new account and join this project to give and receive more information about your paternal lineage origin and roots in the Y-chromosome tree. Geno 2 Data files (.CSV) with the Y-DNA-SNP results are very welcome for further research (please send them to the Project Admin).
Your benefit when you join - description of the subgrouping (022 , 122-b1*A, 089-A1, etc.):
- Bringing high and low resolution kits together: High-Res kits (67+ STR-Markers, deepest terminal SNPs) will be used as "anchors" for Low-Res kits (37 or less STR-Markers, no SNPs under J2a-L26). The Grouping will be done by calculating the distance in generations to an optimized haplotype: Distance nomenclature system is three digits; this nomenclature can change. Different Groups can have the same distance, but are divided by Macro-Cluster namenclature: This is either the part of the Haplogroup Name sub of J2a-L26 (FTDNA J2a4, ISOGG J2a1) and/or a haplotype Cluster Name (Paragroups from J-Project in J2a-L26*: A1, B, C, H, I, etc.). Between distance and group there is an indication of L250 status or presumption: + (positive), ? (unknown), ~ (probably negative), - (negative). Micro-Clusters are kits in the same Group (distance max. 19-39 generations): For already known J2a-L26 subclades the nomenclature in J-Project and L24-Project is used, research and additional naming is done primarily in the big Paragroups of J2a-L26* (A, C) and in J2a-L26*H-L1064. For every Micro-Cluster the lowest distance of a public kit with the highest STR-Marker coverage is choosen for all other kits/members.
- Understand what Low-Res matches are "false": The FTDNA-Match-calculation is not able to detect the most interesting Low-res matches and J-L250 project tries to help here. If you see your Low-res matches grouped here in different Macro-Clusters, they are probably "false matches".
- Probable area of expansion of Micro-Clusters: geographical region is given; without ? when comfirmed by three diverse kits/surname matches (also outside the project)
- Confirmed (+) terminal SNPs listed for every Micro-Cluster.
- Get help for your best next upgrade: ▶ indicates some action of kits in this group would be interesting for research and better evidence. Trough work and cooperation in J-Project, L24-Project, ISOGG-SNP research and with the FTDNA-Lab a suggestion for the next step will be given. It should be easier for you to decide if a single SNP test, a Y-STR-Marker upgrade (Y-Refine) or a huge step like the "new deep clade" test Geno 2.0 is the best. See Help (Glossary).
- Group background colors also try to indicate the situation regarding L250 and testing situation.
- What J-samples/kits are tested L26+ or L27+ or L927+ and also positive for one or more of these SNPs: L250.2, L251.2, L1064, M68?
- What J-samples/kits cluster by STR-haplotype to the previous ones (have a similar/matching STR-marker values pattern)?
- What J2a-L26-samples/kits have DYS391=9?
- How widespread are all these samples/kits (paternal ancestor locations)?
- Why are J2a-L1064 and J2a-M68 modal haplotypes so diverse and near to many other clades/clusters downstream of J2a-L26?
- Are L250.2, L251.2, L1064 and M68 reliable and stable SNPs?
Feel free to ask the Administrator (ChrisR@J-L250). Look also at ISOGG Wiki Y-DNA project help.
Please visit and join also this Projects with J2a-L250 and nearby haplogroups and haplotypes:
- Y-DNA J (J1 + J2) Haplogroup Project, 2000+ members, Bonnie Schrack (L198), Tim Janzen (L70), Victar Mas (L1253), Marco A. Ricci (L147.1), Chris Rоttеnѕtеіnеr (L26*H-L1064).
- J2 Haplogroup Y-DNA Project, 963 members, Angela Cone (M67).
- J2 Haplogroup Middle East Y-DNA Project مشروع سلالة ج2 في العالم, m 313 members, Kamal Al-Gazzah (L271)
- J2a4 Levant Genetic Match Group, Henry Kaplan and Debra Katz
- J(2a4h)-L24 Y-DNA Project, 451 members, Alfred Aburto (L230), Debra Katz (M365.2), Tim Janzen (L70), Kamal Al-Gazzah (L271).
- J2a4 Wayeel, 28 members, Arabia (now mainly J2a-L1064)
- Saudi Arabia DNA, 412 members
- Arabian-Gulf مشروع الخليج العربي, m 548 members, many Admins
- مشروع الشرق الأوسط | Middle East DNA Project, 382 members, many Admins
- مشروع قبيلة بني وائل (عنزة) و قبائل ربيعة, m 41 members
- Najd and Hassa, ~100 members, 1 Admin
- India DNA, 367 members
- Semargl.me Y-DNA samples database J2a1-L26[L1064]: Map, Table haplotypes, Table haplotypes in color, Table SNP for branch