Welcome, visitor! The global Frost Surname DNA Project aims to supplement genealogical research on Frost families with genetic evidence in hopes of further developing the Frost family tree.
The surname Frost was already in use in England when the Domesday Book was compiled in the year 1086. The surname likely arose independently in several places both in England and in other countries, and it is now found in many parts of the world. People who think they might bear any variation of the surname or descend from an ancestor who bore any variation of the surname from any part of the world are welcome and encouraged to participate in the Frost DNA Project.
Using DNA testing, the Frost Surname DNA Project can tell us which family lines are related, confirming or refuting lineages with established paper trails and pointing the way for further research for other lineages. It can also reveal particular DNA signature variations for particular family lines, enabling us to place previously unlinked families into their respective branches of the Frost family tree.
Males who descend from a Frost along their all-male ancestral line may participate in the project through Y-DNA testing.
Anyone who descends from a female Frost along his or her all-female ancestral line may participate in the project through Mitochondrial (mt) DNA testing.
Anyone who descends from a Frost along any of his or her ancestral lines may participate in the project through Family Finder (autosomal) DNA testing.
- Results Page
- Grouped Genealogical Information for tested Frost family lines
- Analysis for Specific Test Results
- Family Finder (Autosomal) DNA Comparison Chart
- Non-FTDNA DNA Results Charts
- Y-DNA (Male Line) Results Charts (for Family Tree DNA tests)
- Mitochondrial DNA (Female Line) Results Charts (for Family Tree DNA tests)
- Project Overview
- Project Background
- Project Goals
- Project News
- For those who are not logged in as members, the button to join our Group appears at the top of the page on the right side of the banner on our project web site.