- For men only.
- Autosomal DNA test and 12-marker Y-DNA test
- Autosomal test: great for confirming close relationships regardless of gender.
- 12-marker matches are highly likely to be related within the past 29 generations.*
- Autosomal matches are related within about the last 5 generations.**
- May provide genealogically relevant matches and recent ancestral origins for the Y-DNA12.
- The autosomal test provides percentages of your ancestral make-up (Native-American, Middle Eastern (including Jewish), African, West and East European)***
- The autosomal test includes matches with predicted relationship ranges.
- The Y-DNA test provides your paternal Haplogroup: deep ancestral origin of the paternal line.
*Your matches and ancestral origins largely depend on how your DNA compares to our database. With the largest DNA database in the world, you have the greatest chance of finding close relatives by testing with us. However, if your paternal line is rare, it is possible you will not have matches or ancestral origins information right away. As our database is constantly growing, you may have matches over time, and we will send you e-mail notifications about any new matches.
** We are leading the way in the development of innovative genealogical uses for autosomal DNA. You will be matched with others who have also taken the Family Finder test. However, if you come from an under-represented population, it is possible you will not find matches right away. Your matches largely depend on how your DNA compares to our database. As our database is constantly growing, you may have matches over time, and we will send you e-mail notifications about any new matches.
** Due to the nature of autosomal DNA, the test does not specify from which branch of your family tree your matches or the percentages of your geographic heritage derive.