You may download your autosomal DNA results from Ancestry.com by following these steps:
- Login to your Ancestry.com Account. (http://www.ancestry.com/)
- On the top menu bar, select View Your DNA Results from the DNA menu.
- Find the Manage Test Settings link, and click it.
- On the right, find the Download your raw DNA data section.
- Click the Get Started button.
- On the pop-up window, re-enter your Ancestry.com password.
- Click the Confirm button.
- You will be sent an e-mail message from Ancestry.com when your download file is ready.
- Use the link in the Ancestry.com e-mail to download your results.
- On the download page, click the orange Confirm Data Download button.
After downloading your results, you will need to extract them from the compressed ZIP format. To extract the file, you will need compression/decompression software. Many such programs are available for FREE. A few are:
- 7-Zip (Windows)
- PeaZip (Windows and Linux)
- The Unarchiver (MAC)
The result should be a file with the .TXT file extension.