Thefollowing Surnames are currently included in this project:
The TylerDNA Project is worldwide open to all families with variants of thissurname.
(Pleaseadvise other spelling variants to the Project Administrator.)
The TylerDNA Project was started to work towards the goals listed on that page.
Participatingin a Surname DNA Project provides:
- The participant's genetic DNA, which is very close (and sometimes identical) to his earliest known ancestor.
- The participant's "deep" ancestry (Haplogroup), which identifies the paternal ancestor's prehistoric origins.
- A sense of camaraderie, which is particularly strong for those who share a genetic ancestry
- Stimulation to family research and renewed sharing of information
- A wider sense of identity and relationship, as we begin to realize how much we are a World Family.
- A chance to compare your genetic ancestry with those of your Surname and the spelling variations
- Your genetic matches who do not share your common surname
- The knowledge to understand our ancestors better - particularly where the records have been lost
SurnameDNA testing is the newest tool available to genealogists!
- Surname tests allow genealogists to verify your father's, father's. father's paternal ancestry.
- Surname DNA information can be very powerful when combined with traditional genealogy by confirming the results already obtained, correct any wrong turns taken and assist in demolishing that stubborn brick wall.
Familytrees for the different lineages are to be found on the Patriarchs page at theWorldFamilies address listed below.
The TylerDNA Project WorldFamilies Pages
DNA The Smart Way a step by step guide
ISOGG YDNA Tree Trunk
Current YCC YDNA Tree (this is the tree that the Haplogroup page on your FTDNA home page is based on)
FTDNA YDNA Tree (this is similar to the ISOGG tree and forms a basis for the annual update of the YCC tree)
Basis DNA information
DNA 101, 102 and 103
Journey of mankind
An Email list designed for those new to DNA
To donate to the general fund please