Taylor Family Genes
Our project goals include:
- To aid Taylor families in linking together via DNA results;
- To remove questions that could cause blocks to information and brick walls in family histories;
- To discover, through DNA, the global origins and evolution of the Taylor surname and Taylor families;
- To survey -- provide a resource and reference for -- Taylor DNA; and
- To provide future generations with documented backgrounds of their genetic heritage.
It is specifically NOT our goal to produce a single, unified "Taylor Family Tree". We believe -- and DNA results support -- that such a single tree is impossible. Taylor is a multi-origin name there were many ancient progenitors for the Taylors living today.
We do want to be the best DNA surname project possible, especially in helping our members meet their genealogical goals.