DNA Project for Northumberland, England
Northumberland DNA Project - Goals
1. To provide a repository for DNA haplotypes from Northumberland.
2. To discover which haplogroups and sub-clades can be found in Northumberland and to learn more about their distribution.
3. To enable researchers to connect with their genetic cousins.
4. To verify existing documentary research.
5. To provide clues for further documentary research by identifying the possible location of earlier ancestors.
6. To help break down brick walls caused by change of surname, adoption or illegitimacy.
7. To find clues regarding the origins of surnames.
8. To learn more about our distant origins.
9. To preserve DNA results for future research.