Zamagurie Region DNA Project for Former Spis County Eastern Slovakia and Poland Border Villages
1) To collect DNA samples for surnames specifically linked to the Zamagurie Region and former Spisz/Spis County) in Southern Poland, Eastern Slovakia.
2) To establish a corresponding Zamagurie Region DNA database correlating with the pedigrees generated by conventional genealogy.
3) To establish a corresponding former Spis County (Szepes) Slovakia.
4) To formalize an academic review of the project results.
5) To provide means to sample DNA test candidates in the United States and the villages themselves. Project participants may test personally or sponsor testing of their ancestral surnames overseas. The Group Administrator will assist in identifying test candidates overseas. Contact the group administrator for more details.
6) To assist project participants in identifying their link to the Zamagurie Region or former Spis County (Szepes) Slovakia prior to their participation in the project potentially increasing the probability of finding genetic matches. The Group Administrator will personally cross check ancestral information against her private database or available records.
7) To continue to identify key documentation (village histories, church histories, etc) for our Slovak ancestors AND immigrants for the purposes of furthering our genealogy efforts! Group Administrator note: Genealogy assistance is performed in hopes that the member may participate in these specific GEOGRAPHIC DNA PROJECTS. Certain conditions and limitations apply.
8) The Group Administrator will then work with the participant to generate a Y-Chromosome DNA Chart or mT-DNA chart and determine if a suitable DNA donor can be identified. For more information, please contact the Group Administrator.
9) Paid genealogical services are now offered for both the Zamagurie and Spis County Slovakia DNA Project members. Please contact the Group Administrator for more details.
The Zamagurie Region Project and Spis (Szepes) County Slovakia projects are open to those with proven ancestry from the region. If you are unable to participate at this time, perhaps you would consider sponsoring a DNA candidate's test kit in whole or in part. Simply click on the 'Contribute to the surname Project General Fund' tab located to the left. Thanks.