The Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) Haplogroup H & HV Project
As part of our effort to educate members we ask that everyone join the International Society of Genetic Genealogy
, ISOGG. ISOGG is dedicated to educating the genealogists to to the uses and limitations of DNA testing. They also follow trends in public policy at the local, national, and international level. Membership is free and open to all. We would also like to encourage members to read and take an active part in editing the mtDNA related articles at Wikipedia
- Genetic Genealogy This is an introduction to the field of genetic genealogy. It contains background on the hobby and recommended readings.
- Genealogical DNA Test This covers the basics of each type of DNA test. It is in need of updates. Your help would be appreciated.
- Human Mitochondrial Haplogroup This covers the main branches of the tree that links all human maternal lineages.
- Haplogroup H This is the dedicated page for all things haplogroup H. Please help us by expanding it with any information that you find on other websites or in published papers.
- Haplogroup HV This is the dedicated page for all things haplogroup HV. Please help us by expanding it with any information that you find on other websites or in published papers.
The project belongs to several social networking sites. We also have a list where members may talk about their test results.
Because mtDNA full sequence results are the only true way to find new subclades, sub-project pages have been set up for those with full sequence results. Rather than recent genealogical connections these pages are devoted to our deeper connections. We feel that both approaches are valid and vital ways to explore the genetics of our grandmothers.