Allan/Allen Surname Project
We have identified eight immigrant Allan/Allen's through DNA analysis. This information is supplied by one or more members of the subgroup who have excellent, well documented paper back to an immigrant. This does not mean all members of that subgroup is descended from that immigrant. It does mean all members of that subgroup are of the immigrant's family, cousin, nephew, etc, and the common grandfather may be of another immigrant related to the one shown, or the common grandfather may be farther back in the country of origin.
1. George Allen and his wife Katherine who came from England in 1635, settling at Sandwich, MA. See R1b Subgroup d
2. William Allen and his wife Ann Goodale who came from England in the 1600's settling in MA. See R1b Subgroup k
3. Samuel Allen and his wife Ann who came from England in the 1600's settling in CT. He is the ancestor of the famous Ethan Allen of the Green Mountain Boys - Rev. War. See I Subgroup b
4. Edward Allen and his wife Sara Kimball. Edward was born in Scotland and came to this country in the 1600's settling in CT. See R1b Subgroup c
5. James Allen, b 1737, County Down, Ireland, d March 3, 1835, Newton Twp, Trumbull County, Ohio, md Unknown. See I Subgroup c
6. Benjamin Allen, b 1670, Wales, d 1750 Spotsyvanis Co., VA
7. William Allen, b 1630 England, d 1677 VA.See I Subgroup a.
8. William Allen, b 1711 Ireland, d 1799 VA, See R1b Subgroup z.
9. William Allan, b 1843 Scotland, d 1916 Quebec. See R1b Subgroup a.
10. Robert Allan, b c 1816, d 1885, Fermanagh, Ulster, Ireland. See R1b Subgroup m.
11. William Allen (Allin) b 1610 England. See R1b Subgroup k
** William Bernard Allen made arrangements with John Robb, a genealogist, to develop a web site relating to I Subgroup a that studies most of the matches in that Subgroup. See # 7 above.
Go to the link below and view what can be done with a DNA study.
** Richard J. Allen also made arrangements with John Robb, a genealogist, to develop a web site relating to R1b Subgroup d that studies most of the matches in that subgroup. See #1 above. Go to the following links:
The Project Home Page - http://www.johnbrobb.com/JBR-ALLEN-R.htm
The Descendancies Page - http://www.johnbrobb.com/JBR-ALLENtrees-R.htm