Spencer Wells, PhD leads The Genographic Project. He is a geneticist and an anthropologist. He is also a National Geographic explorer-in-residence. Dr. Wells works with other scientists to carry out global field research.
In addition, the project has an advisory board. The Advisory Board includes leaders from many disciplines. They provide advice and oversight on funding priorities, ethical issues, and legal compliance. The board chair is Dr. Luca Cavalli-Sforza, a world-renowned geneticist.
The board members are:
- Dr. Luca Cavalli-Sforza (Chair)
- Terry Garcia (EVP, Mission Programs, National Geographic Society)
- Nick Donofrio (SVP, Technology and Manufacturing, IBM)
- John Heubusch (President, Waitt Family Foundation)
- Lord Colin Renfrew (Archaeologist)
- Dr. Merrit Ruhlen (Linguist)
- Dr. Meave Leakey (Paleoanthropologist)
- Wade Davis (Cultural Anthropologist)
- Tammy Williams (Indigenous Peoples' Advocate)
- Scott Edwards (Evolutionary Geneticist)
- Simon Longstaff (Ethicist)
About: You may reach customer service for the National Geographic Genographic project at Genographic@ngs.org.