Once you have mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) or Y-chromosome DNA (Y-DNA) results, you may donate them to the Genographic Project. The cost is $15 US. Online payment is by credit card. To donate:
- Login to your myFTDNA account. (https://www.familytreedna.com/login.aspx)
- Go to the Genographic Project page.
- Check the I agree box to consent.
- Enter payment information.
- Click to complete the transfer.
You may also pay by check. Mail your check and request to donate to our office. Once we transfer your results, we will send you an e-mail with your GPID (Genographic ID).
Note: If you have results for both Y-DNA and mtDNA tests, only one charge will apply. Donate one test to the Genographic Project. Then, please use our feedback form to contact customer service. Include your kit number, and we will submit the second test for FREE.