You may upload your mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) test results to the mitoSearch database on the mtDNA - Matches page of your myFTDNA account. To upload to mitoSearch:
- Login to your myFTDNA account. (https://www.familytreedna.com/login.aspx)
- Click Matches in the mtDNA Menu on the myFTDNA Menu bar.
- Look for the section that says Additional possibilities for searching matches:.
- Click on the link in this section that says Click here to upload to mitoSearch.org.
- Follow the instructions on the page to complete the upload.
Privacy Alert: Please be aware that, unlike the secured matching system through the Family Tree DNA website, the mitoSearch website is open to the general public. This means that your results will be accessible to those outside of genealogy. This may include independent researchers, forensic researchers including law enforcement. Family Tree DNA does not encourage participation in mitoSearch if personal privacy of the person tested is a concern.